By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best and Worst review sites/magazines????

I can agree with zechs here ^

Around the Network

Got to go with IGN as my most trusted. They never seem biased in their reviews and are always fair. I used to hold Gamespot in a similar pedigree but after the Kane and Lynch incident as well as several other questionable reviews they're at the bottom with Eurogamer and Edge and X-Play.

Gametrailers is probably my 2nd favourite would be my fav if they didn't give MGS4 a lower score the Halo 3

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

IGN - Best

Eurogamer- Worst

Lol, most of you don't read the reviews just check the number at the bottom. And just wait for IGN or whatever is your favoutite today to give a number-at-the-bottom that you don't like...

miiiguel said:
Lol, most of you don't read the reviews just check the number at the bottom. And just wait for IGN or whatever is your favoutite today to give a number-at-the-bottom that you don't like...

Not true I think Kingdom Hearts 2 was one of the best games on the PS2 and it got a 7.6 from IGN, I think R2 should have gotten a higher score and Fable 2 a much lower score. every time IGN releases a review I watch it then read it and if I can I'll get the Head-To-Head insight on it.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

MetaCritic is the only way to go... The nameless sites bashing games to look edgy balance out the witless sheep puffing up any hyped title to give you a good mean score.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

IGN the best? These are the same people that gave that WWE game(name escape me at the moment) a high score, and it didn't deserve a 0. I know because I played it

Truthfully I don't make my buying decisions on magazine or web site reviews. So many good games, got bad scores from these sites and didn't sell well. The opposite is also true.

I don't really have a best or worst review site. If you watch any of them closely enough, you will see that they have all done some questionable reviews. That includes nearly everyone's favorite, IGN.

Personally, I go to gamerankings, and I read the highest, lowest, and a middle review. That gives me a very good picture of what the game does well, and what it doesn't do so well.

Now that I think about it though, gaintbomb is a pretty poor review site in my opinion.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

GamePro just sucks.
http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/30/lunar-silver-star-story-complete/
I don't even need to comment that.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I think eurogamer reviews are generally the best written anyway, and i usually trust their's and IGN UK's scores