By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official The Conduit Thread

tuoyo said:
Got this game a week and still ain't had time to play it. and after just picking up Wii Sports resort things aren't looking up for the Conduit. Waited waited forever for the game but when the reviews were pretty average I kind of lost interest.

When you do play it, I advise you to keep with it a bit... some people seem fine with the original control set-up, but I found it a step back from something like MP3.... Best to find a set-up you are comfortable with in the beginning, then as you get used to it slowly adjust it more and more to your liking... when you get it close to perfect the feeling of control is excellent. I have it at a point where I can spin around 180^ about as fast as the actual control option that spins you 180^ (which is why I mapped the spin function to the Wii remote thrust, which I don't use)

The only thing I am not liking is that 50% of the people online always choose explosive weapon set.... it is at least just a voting system similar to Mario Kart though.

Around the Network

First i thouht this game is mediocre. After playing the singeplayer a bit... Never played it again. But the Multiplayer... Is so freakin addictive i cant believe it. It has some glitches like i cant move after joining a game. Sometimes it takes long to find Players... Besides that its just awesome.
The Graphics are O.K. Technically good but not special. The Design isnt sooo bad to me, unlike to many others. The sounds are good, i dont unterstand why so many complain about the sounds?...

Anyway, here is my Friendcode:

3008-6295-8859 - Feel free to add me.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Anybody else experiencing massive issues joining games over the last few days? I just had my 6th game in a row that I couldn't join, the other night it was 5...and the time it takes to join these games...

...ugh...

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Schnapf said:
First i thouht this game is mediocre. After playing the singeplayer a bit... Never played it again. But the Multiplayer... Is so freakin addictive i cant believe it. It has some glitches like i cant move after joining a game. Sometimes it takes long to find Players... Besides that its just awesome.
The Graphics are O.K. Technically good but not special. The Design isnt sooo bad to me, unlike to many others. The sounds are good, i dont unterstand why so many complain about the sounds?...

Anyway, here is my Friendcode:

3008-6295-8859 - Feel free to add me.

I can add you to the list on the first page in a bit, and sorry everyone for the neglect to the thread on my part, just busy busy playing my backlog, can you believe it I just now finished Phantom Hourglass?!?! Anyway will be making my round back to The Conduit when I finish with Valkyria Chronicles.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

KylieDog said:
TWRoO said:

When you do play it, I advise you to keep with it a bit... some people seem fine with the original control set-up, but I found it a step back from something like MP3.... Best to find a set-up you are comfortable with in the beginning, then as you get used to it slowly adjust it more and more to your liking... when you get it close to perfect the feeling of control is excellent. I have it at a point where I can spin around 180^ about as fast as the actual control option that spins you 180^ (which is why I mapped the spin function to the Wii remote thrust, which I don't use)

I wasn't happy with my control settings until the final level.  I'm still not entirely sure about it.

It took me to the 5th level to get it workable/tolerable... then when I started on the next difficulty I adjusted some more and it was pretty good (but still short of MP3) and I played like that until about level 6 when I adjusted some more, and more on level 7 until it is pretty much perfect now.
Though I am considering 1 button mapping change, I currently have melee on the nunchuck thrust, and grenade on the + button, I was thinking of changing that.... but sensitivity settings are spot on now, and I feel a lot more in control than in any other FPS I have played.

Around the Network

my friend code is 0045-1187-4533

TWRoO said:
KylieDog said:
TWRoO said:

I wasn't happy with my control settings until the final level.  I'm still not entirely sure about it.

It took me to the 5th level to get it workable/tolerable... then when I started on the next difficulty I adjusted some more and it was pretty good (but still short of MP3) and I played like that until about level 6 when I adjusted some more, and more on level 7 until it is pretty much perfect now.
Though I am considering 1 button mapping change, I currently have melee on the nunchuck thrust, and grenade on the + button, I was thinking of changing that.... but sensitivity settings are spot on now, and I feel a lot more in control than in any other FPS I have played.

Really? I just had to make two rounds of tweaks before i was totally satisfied. First thing i did was switch shoot and jump to match MP3's scheme, and then later i shrunk the bound-box, exchanged "switch grenade" to "pick up/reload weapon," and moved pause up from 2 to 1, and i've been fairly satisfied.

Though of late i've been pondering switching out Melee, but i can't think of where. Maybe i'll just up the Wiimote waggle sensitivity, so i don't wind up losing the IR signal when i have to Melee

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

brawl4life said:
tuoyo said:
Got this game a week and still ain't had time to play it. and after just picking up Wii Sports resort things aren't looking up for the Conduit. Waited waited forever for the game but when the reviews were pretty average I kind of lost interest.

Or maybe you tried it suck so bad at it like that Tennis game too shameful to hop online afraid to get capped ?! Nah that can't be it....

Lol.  Actually I have been so busy at work recently and then have to deal with a little baby when I get home.  Mario Kart on Friday evenings is the only time I really switch on my Wii recently.

But apart from being very busy I have been dreading to play because I sit miles away from my sensor bar and I worry the distance would make playing a shooting game a nightmare due to lack of responsiveness of the pointer as a result of the distance.  At least it is playable though since I got a Madcatz sensor bar.  With the one that comes with the Wii it doesn't even pick anything up at all from that distance.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

So do we have an exact time for tomorrow, or what? Knowing would be good, since tomorrow is also Wii Sports Resort day...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

@Mr.Khan

Yep... I was pretty dissapointed with it until I started my second playthrough, I couldn't work with the standard settings, and my immediate reaction was to try the very extremes of the settings (high sensitivity/turn speed, small dead zone... then I made a huge dead zone and stopped the camera moving while in it (so you could point anywhere on screen and Ford doesn't budge) then I tried the nunchuck turning option too.

I got it workable for the first few chapters.

@tuoyo.... I played online a couple of nights ago from about 5 metres away and it was ok... I had re-calibrated the pointer (in the video options where you have to point at 2 corners, then the centre of the screen) because switching from close up to a tiny screen in my room, to far away from a bigger screen in the living room made it feel a bit odd... but that wasn't anything to do with it picking up the IR light.