By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official The Conduit Thread

from MTV

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/05/26/the-conduit-brings-first-class-fps-action-to-the-wii/

Around the Network

I'm picking this game up solely for the multiplayer... from what I've seen at IGN's hands on with the MP demo, it reminds me of a throwback to simpler console shooters like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark, and even Halo too. It's more "arcadey" and just plain fun, not "crazy on the edge of your seat think fast or you're dead in a nanosecond" like Call of Duty for instance. It'll be nice to just sit back, relax, and enjoy shooting up some n00bs for a change.... I've spent weeks in game time playing COD4 and WaW, but I can tell you that they've taken years off my life!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
I'm picking this game up solely for the multiplayer... from what I've seen at IGN's hands on with the MP demo, it reminds me of a throwback to simpler console shooters like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark, and even Halo too. It's more "arcadey" and just plain fun, not "crazy on the edge of your seat think fast or you're dead in a nanosecond" like Call of Duty for instance. It'll be nice to just sit back, relax, and enjoy shooting up some n00bs for a change.... I've spent weeks in game time playing COD4 and WaW, but I can tell you that they've taken years off my life!

LMAO yeah games can get intense, I'm more of a casual Goldeneye and Halo guy though, I can play CoD all day though.  Personally I'm into the weapons and controls of this game, one of the turn offs in W@W was the weapons :\ now I have cool weapons, cool gameplay (bounty hunter FTW) and a nice story to boot. 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I know this isn't The Conduit related but HVS announced The Grinder last night that takes advantage of a lot of the advancements The Conduit made as far as controls go and will take them to the next level with a Left 4 Dead themed game!

Way to go HVS two games that really have me interested (Gladiator - I'm on the wall @_@)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

New Pre-E3 trailer for The Conduit.

Around the Network

Just received an email from High Voltage
s we put the finishing touches on The Conduit (and finally find the time to take a quick breath of air!), we just had to send a quick email out to all of the fans to say thank you.

You all are what keeps us all going here at High Voltage Software (we really can’t emphasize this point enough) and we thought that you all should know it.

The letters of encouragement, cakes emblazoned with The Conduit, LEGO versions of our characters and weapons, forum posts, the fan sites, fan art (much of it is hanging up throughout our building), controller suggestions, Papier-mâché strike rifles, YouTube videos, and remixes have all really helped the late nights go a whole lot smoother. It has been as if each of you has been in the room with us saying, “C’mon. You can work a couple more hours can’t you?” And how can we say “no” to that?

Our process in sending this email out has been pretty unscientific (you’re getting this because you spent the time to email us sometime during our development process) and we apologize that we couldn’t have personalized this a bit more. Know though that we do read them all (there have been hundreds of thousands) and try to answer as many as possible, but we simply don’t have the time to answer each and every one. We’ve been working on the game as well. =)

So thank you. Thank you for the encouragement. It keeps the team motivated and working long hours to try to make sure that we meet your expectations. Thank you for the criticism. It keeps us honest and forces us to look very closely at some of our decisions, and in quite a few cases, make changes to our design to improve the experience. We don’t set out to upset folks – game development is a tricky, crazy process and we’ve certainly made our fair share of tough decisions to cut features that we really, really wanted but that didn’t fit within the budget or the schedule. Please be vocal about what sucks. Please be vocal about what you think is great. Please be vocal about what you’d like to see moving forward. We are listening.

And finally, thank you for the pre-orders of the game! This is a _very_ important benchmark used by publishers to help determine advertising budgets and future development dollars. We want to continue to make bleeding edge games like the Conduit for the Wii (we truly believe that there’s a market for ‘em) but sadly there is some apprehension on the part of shortsighted developers and publishers about making “core” games for the Wii. So, if you haven’t pre-ordered, and you plan on picking up the game, please do so and help send a strong message that the Wii needs more games like this. Plus, if you order at GameStop or Amazon, you’ll get neat goodies (an art book or comic book, respectively) to boot!

We can’t wait to start the conspiracy this June. We’re almost done – thanks for being there along the way. We feel we have something special on our hands. We hope that you agree.

The Conduit Team

www.high-voltage.com

P.S. And by popular demand soon we will have some killer Conduit merchandise for sale on our site in the upcoming weeks.

P.S.S. We obviously haven’t sent out many of these (and don’t intend on sending a lot of them) but if you see this letter as SPAM, please reply with “Remove” in the subject and we will do so. =)

@shakarak... that was a pretty cool email... makes me wanna go pre-order The Conduit to help HVS out even more, and for some free bonus swag too!

@MaxwellGT2000.... yeah i hated the weapons in WaW too, especially after you enter prestige mode and start from scratch again cuz the beginning weapons suck major ass, unlike COD4 where you're in pretty good shape with just the standard M16.

Can't wait to try out the new mp modes like Bounty Hunter too... just really hope there's no lag on day 1 from everybody hopping online at once like Brawl's launch... that was a nightmare, took a half hour just to get in a match, which ended up being more like a power point presentation LMAO!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

@NightDragon
I actually destroyed people with the Thompson but the selection, the attachments, and such all kinda let me down. The Conduit however has pretty unique weapons with some weapons using the Wii remote in a unique way like the guided grenades.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/05/29/the-conduit-at-e3-preview/

E3 is just around the corner, and we are very fortunate to have a sneak peak at High Voltage Software’s booth across the E3 show. The booth, which is decked out from top to bottom with The Conduit, is fully realized in render form, as a preview of what will actually be shown on the floor.

Looking over the renders, you can tell someone who loves The Conduit had a lot of fun creating this booth. Amongst the demo kiosks scattered about the floor, you’ll also see smaller details, even some Drudge Code across the back! Plus, having seen these photos, I know where I’ll be taking my breaks - up top where there appears to be a bit of a bar, how convenient!

Hopefully this whets your appetite a bit for the E3 experience with The Conduit, look for shots from the booth on the actual floor of E3 next week. If you like what you see, let us know here, or at our Forums!

O_O nice booth would be nice to snag something off of it for collectors :P