By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official The Conduit Thread

SaviorX said:
I don't care what it gets anymore, I'm buying it.

Yeah even though I do some reviews here, reviews should be taken less seriously and taken in the perspective "is this game right for me" personally The Conduit fits what I want from it and is the reason I'm really looking forward to it, I want a nice controlling FPS on the Wii with good online, it's pretty clear it has that by now, and on top of that the story fits a genre I enjoy a lot.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

A couple of cool videos I've found

And just for the lulz comparison video for graphics on Wii

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I found it strange that HV didn't compare the more alien based levels against the 'space' design of Metroid Prime: corruption. Using just the second level seems a poor comparisson. An airport doens't really stand up against that Metroid level. One of the later (from pics i saw) levels would do a far better job. I mean it's Metroid design. What stands up against that, even on other consoles? Perhaps they wanted to keep those secret.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

i'm curious if they can pull of better online than mario kart wii

Improvements are caused by people who complain

Already pre-ordered at EB games

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Around the Network
**Slash** said:
i'm curious if they can pull of better online than mario kart wii

Well they already have one plus which is Wii Speak, they've got a fair amount of modes and maps, and 12 person online with actual chat in the game lobby instead of those premade responses so all those are pluses for online experience to say the least.

Updated op with wiki and official site links for anyone curious to more information on the game that has not been following.

Couple more videos I've found:(will try to find new content for the thread everyday till release if not it'll be videos and images :P)

And a developer playthrough.

The Conduit multiplayer article on G4tv.com

Crossing Cables With 'The Conduit's' Multiplayer Mode

Posted by Andrew Pfister - Friday, May 08, 2009 2:32 AM

I had the pleasure of visiting Sega's San Francisco office yesterday for what was apparently a rescheduled multiplayer event for their upcoming Wii FPS The Conduit. I guess the first one had some major technical snafus in regards to getting the network online, so they had to abort. But everything was up and running smoothly all afternoon, and I got the opportunity to get my first hands-on experience.

There were 12 of us in the room, filling out The Conduit's maximum player limit. Several of the guys from High Voltage were on hand to guide us through our two-hour playtest, and they wasted no time getting us into the game. After re-arranging the on-screen HUD elements to my liking -- an absolutely fantastic feature, by the way -- we launched into a warm-up round of capture-the-flag, which just so happens to be my favorite mode of every game ever. My best reference point to Wii first-person shooters is Metroid Prime 3, so that's what I used to get my feet wet in this opening round (movement controlled with the nunchuck analog stick; turning, aiming and shooting with the remote).

I have to admit, I ran into some problems. Basic movement and aiming wasn't an issue, but every time I tried to make sharp turns right or when I had to turn quickly in a tight corridor, my point-of-view would freak out and I'd have to stop for a few seconds to regain my composure. Of course, that's when I was shot in the back. However, I am 99.9 percent certain this isn't the game's fault. Since there were six of us sitting next to each other and opposite another row of six writers, there had to have been some signal interference going on (the guys to the left and right of me were experiencing the same thing). These are far from typical gaming situations, so I feel pretty comfortable chalking my problems up to that.

This is where I really appreciated High Voltage's flexibility when it comes to customizing their game. Not only can you re-arrange the HUD, and not only can you re-map every single function and motion on the controller, but in attempting to resolve my movement issues I noticed several motion and sensitivity adjustments in the menu. Since we were on a tight two-hour schedule, I couldn't get my settings exactly the way I wanted them, but I did get it a little better in time for the game's most interesting mode: Bounty Hunter.

It's all 12 players in a free-fire situation, but you only get positive points for killing your one designated target. All other collateral kills bring your score down, so you have to be very careful about pulling the trigger on the right weapon. It's a mode fueled by pursuit and paranoia, since you also have to worry about the guy assigned to kill you (positive points are awarded for defending yourself against your hunter). Your target will switch upon a successful kill, so it's kind of like a constantly rotating 1v1 match played amidst 5 other 1v1 matches. The potential for hilarious chaos is huge.

Between rounds, everyone can vote on the game type, weapon set, and map -- there are many variations and combinations of these elements, which is further evidence of High Voltage's dedication to giving the Wii an online FPS experience that's closer to what we'd find on the PS3/360/PC. Actually, the game did start to vaguely remind me of multiplayer Goldeneye on the N64 with modern online amenities, and that's a pretty good place to be. Here's hoping that other Wii developers take notice and follow suit.

Are parts of this game set in the Halo universe? :P

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Are parts of this game set in the Halo universe? :P

:O OkeyD found the secret The Conduit 2: Combat evolved!  The story where Michael Ford is turned into Master Chief!