By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz plays Ico and Shadow of the Colossus

Yup.

Around the Network

Now even the poll agrees that it is "Eeko".

Very well. I am defeated.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

@Kantor

Did you reach the secret garden?.......am hoping ur actually playing the game not just talking about it

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:
@Kantor

Did you reach the secret garden?.......am hoping ur actually playing the game not just talking about it

I am being a hypocrite, actually. Haven't touched the game in ages- damned inFamous!

@Kantor

I knew it.........no soup for you XD

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

this thread will not die not on my watch damn it

I just started my second play through on hard and let me tell ya it's HARD !!!!

your stamina meter drains really fast so you will fall off a lot and the Colossi have more weak points you got to find

already toke 6 down but I didn't find any time trial or secret garden or whatever I think I'm missing something !!

P.S got to love that amazing soundtrack this game has :)

Thanks for the bump. I was looking for this thread.

I hope to tackle the last two colossi tomorrow night. Then, I begin Ico!

I just had the most horrible experience with number 12 (the big water one). 53 minutes! Let me explain:

Okay, so I was riding along, and almost there. Five minutes from Temple. I got off my horse. However, I was moving, so he decided to chuck me off a waterfall. Argh...

I came back again, made sure to slow down, dismounted, and got to the water area (what's with all the swimming?). By the time the colossus had revealed himself, it had been around 12 minutes.

So, I started. First, I tried using the face method. He refused to put his head down. So, I tried to swim around to his tail. I couldn't, he kept moving backwards! I went back to the face method, and after 10 minutes or so, he finally got down, and I jumped on.

Everything went well, I stabbed, he had about 2/3 health left. I thought "maybe I should try the face method again"

I died. I let go of R1 for one second, and in that second, he fired. ARGH!

So now, he had full health again. I had figured out that by going underwater, I could swim to his tail. Easy enough. Got on top of him. Directed him to a platform. Then I jumped onto the platform...and started falling. I tried to grab on, and luckily caught his face ledge. I got back up, and jumped again. Wasn't so lucky this time. Fell onto the lower part of the platform. This happened again. The third time, everything went successfully, and I stabbed him. But I somehow only had time for one stab. So I then had to do it TWO MORE TIMES, all the while trying to get on top of him, and occasionally falling off.

I fucking hate that colossus. I promptly went back to playing inFamous. And the next colossus is...*shudder* number 13. The colossus that took me longer to defeat than the first six put together. I'd be surprised if I beat him in less than 40 minutes, if that.

Finished inFamous. Awesome ending. Also got all side missions and all dead drops, so I might as well try 13 now.

Wish me luck!

nen-suer said:
@Kantor

I'll try for the Garden once I've beaten 15 colossi. The one video I saw of it being done was a guy whose stamina circle took up two thirds of the screen. I don't need that, do I?