By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz plays Ico and Shadow of the Colossus

I fucking HATE this colossus! I've climbed onto him twice, and fallen off TWICE! Before even stabbing!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I'm actually on number 13 now on HARD which does not help. Died a few times so I quited the game and will try again later (maybe now)

Beat the last two tonight. 15 took me the longest of the bunch, clocking in at an even 40 minutes. It took me forever to get onto his hand. I couldn't remember at all how to do it, and when I finally did it, it was pure luck. I tried dropping onto his head from the bridge, but missed and accidentally grabbed on to one of his knees. I then shimmied around that one, jumped to the next, and shimmied some more, finally leaping onto his hand during the brief second he stopped moving.

In the end, cutscenes, credits, etc. included, the game took me six hours and three minutes to beat.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to start Ico. I've become re-addicted to LBP plus I started the original Ape Escape for the first time today. And then I still have InFamous waiting for me to finish it. I've only beaten the first island.

Hooray, 36 minutes! The more skilful ones among you might stick up your nose, but last playthrough, he took me something like 1 hour 20 mins...ouch.

After those two fall-offs, I managed to get three successful ones in a row, bringing me to 13 colossi in 4 hours 57 (297 mins), or 22.85 minutes per colossus!

Next up is one of my personal favourites, the ruin destroyer. I can probably finish him in 20 mins or so. Then number 15 will take half an hour or so. Then the final one...

TheThunder said:
I'm actually on number 13 now on HARD which does not help. Died a few times so I quited the game and will try again later (maybe now)

What's the difference on hard? You take more damage? That doesn't really apply on number 13. Does he stay up there for less time? That would make it harder, but how did you die? He's one of the colossi I've never died facing (along with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 11, 14 and 15, I've only been killed by 7, 8, 9, 10 and 16)

You know, getting past the fact that he takes forever to beat, I actually really like the 13th. He doesn't kill you, and it's challenging and exhilarating to just get ONTO him.

Around the Network

Hey, if you think you are really good because you've beaten Colossus 9 in, say, 10 minutes, take a look at this guy:

That dude's kinda slow, tbh.

36 minutes! Damn! He's meant to be the easiest of the final 6! I could have done him in 25, but I died near the end- I was jumping to the huge pillar, and Wander didn't jump far enough. The Colossus plowed into me, and every time I got up, he'd charge into me again.

@mm476: Did you beat number 9 in less than 91 seconds?

Yes, it looks easy, but think about it. You'd have to avoid the electric attack, then ride forward QUICKLY, jump onto him, grab on, jump onto his leg, then jump and grab again. Looks pretty hard. I wish I'd seen that before I did number 9

Kantor said:
TheThunder said:

What's the difference on hard? You take more damage? That doesn't really apply on number 13. Does he stay up there for less time? That would make it harder, but how did you die? He's one of the colossi I've never died facing (along with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 11, 14 and 15, I've only been killed by 7, 8, 9, 10 and 16)

You know, getting past the fact that he takes forever to beat, I actually really like the 13th. He doesn't kill you, and it's challenging and exhilarating to just get ONTO him.

sorry meant number 12 the one with the teeth on his head and shots leasers

number 13 is my favorite Colossus the fight was so Epic and the music is just amazing so stop with the hate Kantor or else :p

about Hard it actually drains your stamina faster than normal so you got to mange how much time you keep holding on, and the fact that the Colossus moves and shakes a lot more does not help. I am on number 15 god he is a Hard ass how do take him down ?? He has 3 weak spots one on the head on on the right shoulder and one on the inside of his hand that is holding the sword. I stabbed his head and shoulder until the weak points disappeared so the hand is the last thing but how do you make him drop the sword ??

BTW where the hell are these time trails and secret locations I'm missing something here x_x

^ stab his had to arm make him drop his weapon