By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Underwhelmed by slim

routsounmanman said:
IMO Sony made the Slim to attract new customers, not to make the old ones upgrade like the DSLite did.

That and to save on production cost.

Around the Network

Ok thats good to know. I just looked up the pics from famitsu. I didn't know if it was just the changes I saw in the photo. The tech upgrades would be worth it. My friends had both original ds and psp when I was livin in dorms during college. I thought that the psp was nice, but the games at launch were "meh". That's cool, I really like the whole hdtv output. That reminds me of the gameboy adapter for the snes. Good stuff. Thanks for the input. Oh and I think the weight whent from 280 grams to around 200 grams. Let me convert that real quick. From 10 oz to 7 oz. Something like that. It also looked like the buttons protrude more and aren't as flush. This is an improvement because it will help with tactile response and not lead to cramps.

I forgot to mention everything on the psp runs double the speed thanks too the 64mb ram.

mM

hot damn, even better :D

leo-j said:
I forgot to mention everything on the psp runs double the speed thanks too the 64mb ram.

You got that right ;)

Around the Network

If you want to see the difference CHECK THIS:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/106462.html

I think I'm talking to a wall *cries*

konnichiwa said:
If you want to see the difference CHECK THIS:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/106462.html

Wow. The new one practically makes the old PSP obsolete. I'd go so far as to say that the Slim is a bigger leap than the DS to the DS Lite, which only included a smaller form factor and a brighter backlight.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Hehe I know it is amazing.
(I hope there will be a PS3 slim with the same affect on loading times, bye bye irritating loading times Motorstorm).

jv103 said:
Ok thats good to know. I just looked up the pics from famitsu. I didn't know if it was just the changes I saw in the photo. The tech upgrades would be worth it. My friends had both original ds and psp when I was livin in dorms during college. I thought that the psp was nice, but the games at launch were "meh". That's cool, I really like the whole hdtv output. That reminds me of the gameboy adapter for the snes. Good stuff. Thanks for the input. Oh and I think the weight whent from 280 grams to around 200 grams. Let me convert that real quick. From 10 oz to 7 oz. Something like that. It also looked like the buttons protrude more and aren't as flush. This is an improvement because it will help with tactile response and not lead to cramps.

HDTV output? Hrm...

The TV out is a very interesting thing. I heard 30k PSP TV tuners were sold in Japan this week. The TV out does make the PSP a more capable multi-media machine. Unfortunately I opine that the TV out may also make the PSP even more attractive to pirates.