By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Underwhelmed by slim

konnichiwa said:
Galaki said:
lolita said:

I'd put a naked pic of me

Pics or it didn't happen. 

Suddenly lolita becames one of the most popular members of VGCHARTZ.

Edit:  Everyone should see the video I posted, that is really a big reason to buy a PSP slim.

Pay 170 to get faster loading times?

Sorry, but I want something a bit more before I replace my current PSP

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

What the hell did you guys expect? The PSP Slim is undoubtedly better, but it isn't like they can scrap the old specs completely. An upgrade of the same "console" can only do so much. Adding RAM is pretty cool, IMO. Could help a lot in later PSP games.

My favorite things are the slimmer size/weight and the video output potential. Who knows, they may have even done some crazy voodoo to give it more connectivity with the PS3.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

sieanr said:
konnichiwa said:
Galaki said:
lolita said:

Edit:  Everyone should see the video I posted, that is really a big reason to buy a PSP slim.

It is a reason.

konnichiwa said:
sieanr said:
konnichiwa said:
Galaki said:
lolita said:

Edit: Everyone should see the video I posted, that is really a big reason to buy a PSP slim.

It is a reason.

a good reason

@Galaki - yea she would become instantly the favorite member on these forums who couldnt do no wrong lol.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I bought one for my wife last week (I've owned an original since launch), so I wanted to give some perspective from an owner.

If you don't think it's worth upgrading for, or think it's underwhelming, you really need to get one in your hands.

I didn't really want to get one, but now I'm gonna trade mine in and get a StarWars pack when it comes out next month.

Consider the upgrade like the difference between an original GB and a GB Pocket. The size difference isn't as dramatic, but it just feels more refined like the GB Pocket was in comparison to the original GB.

Around the Network

the LCD screen looks alot better on the new ones

What effect will having a large influx of used old PSPs have on sales?

Rath said:
What effect will having a large influx of used old PSPs have on sales?

This situation doesn't usually affect sales because while there will be an influx of used old PSPs, the new ones are going to be bought more often and the redesign should make for a slight increase in sales overall.

@ everyone saying this is worth it:

It might be to you, but I really don't have spare money for some gimmickey changes that don't really affect my gameplay experience.  I work 30 hours a week and go to college another 8. I'm very conservative with what time and money I have. Like I said, the DS Lite wasn't worth it to me either. I think it's a great thing for new PSP buyers, but it simply is not a valuable upgrade for me.

sieanr said:

Nobody force you to keep your current model on the shelf. I've just traded mine. I will add some cash and buy the new one. People don't be cheap ! $170 isn't a drama you know. In my country PSP costs almost $250 so when I read about guys who are disappointed with price I can't understand it. Enjoy your low prices ! ! ! ... I've heard people in US complain on gasoline prices too (! ! ! ! ! !)

routsounmanman said:
IMO Sony made the Slim to attract new customers, not to make the old ones upgrade like the DSLite did.

I agree...I'm even thinking of buying a PSP now.

Wii # 4594 3226 7132 0861 (please PM me your if you add me, so I can add you too!)

Taltosh