By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Underwhelmed by slim

I wouldn't say im a fanboy, I have the wii, ps2, xbox 360 and dsl. I was just curious if anyone else is a little underwhelmed by the psp slim's changes. I mean I guess im comparing it to the dslite, which is a huge change aesthetically. I guess the biggest difference for the slim is it's around 33% lighter, but is that in itself worthy of a new model, and repurchasing it? It is almost identical minus the weight and maybe an 1/8". Which handheld change was more significant? Thoughts?

Around the Network
jv103 said:
I wouldn't say im a fanboy, I have the wii, ps2, xbox 360 and dsl. I was just curious if anyone else is a little underwhelmed by the psp slim's changes. I mean I guess im comparing it to the dslite, which is a huge change aesthetically. I guess the biggest difference for the slim is it's around 33% lighter, but is that in itself worthy of a new model, and repurchasing it? It is almost identical minus the weight and maybe an 1/8". Which handheld change was more significant? Thoughts?

theres way more changes then that

Its slimer, lighter, and has a brighter screen. They also have a new analog stick and a video out port. I cant tell you weight vs weight as I dont feel like looking up their weights. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

IMO Sony made the Slim to attract new customers, not to make the old ones upgrade like the DSLite did.

Its not just a handheld anymore...

ITS A CONSOLE.

mM

NO!!! this PSP Slim is worth it like ssj12 said, screen is brighter, weight of the handheld is light, I mean really light like an iPod. I can go as to say its light like the DS. To be its lighter than that. The audio is amped up a bit and the speed is really good.

Consider purchasing the PSP Slim, its worth the purchase.

Around the Network

According to Wikipedia, the PSP Slim can output in 480p via component cables on an HDTV. That alone makes me want it. It's also priced reasonably ($169.99 MSRP); for a console (it can truly be called that now) with at least a three-year shelf-life ahead of it, that's quite an impressive price.

You may count this Garcian a new PSP owner after this Christmas. :)

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

The orignal ds was over weight, the new ds weights a little ver little less than the normal psp.

I have the ds lite, and the normal psp, to my opinion they weight almost the same.

mM

leo-j we are talking about the PSP Slim not the normal PSP.

I'm exchanging my old PSP for a new one this weekend

can't wait

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

New analog stick? Is it better? The old ones makes me cramp :(