By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - High Voltage: The Conduit wont suffer Madworld sales fate

ctk495 said:
The Conduit is aim towards teenagers that´s why the ranting.Unlike those other games.I have high hopes on The Conduit hopefully I won´t be disappoint.

It is not aimed at teens it's aimed at wii fans that like shooter nuff said.

Majority of shooter fans are ages 16-32 hence why some are Teen but most are Mature.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
IxisNaugus said:

The Conduit, the upcoming Wii-exclusive sci-fi FPS billed as having graphics on a par with games on the Xbox 360 and PS3, won’t suffer the same fate as other Wii titles aimed at core gamers, developer High Voltage has insisted.

who is billing it as having those graphics?

I wondered that as well. I really would love to see a Wii shooter look as good, if not better than games like Killzone 2 or Halo 3 or dare I say it Half-Life 2 (aka The Orange Box). It is a very nice looking Wii game but compared to PC and HD Console standards not so much.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

"Those games, and you can point to a few others as well… I think they’re great games, but they’re mature games."

Haha! I can assure you, Madworld is one of the least mature games I've ever played (and I wouldn't have it any other way)

Undying said:
Well at least this game has Multiplayer, but online MP on Wii....last time i play a online game on Wii it was SSMB and it was lagtastic.

Brawl's online is the only one that lags as far as I'm know. Every other game I've played has good connection (Mario Kart Wii, Animal Crossing, Bomberman Blast, Pokemon Battle Revolution.)

KungKras said:
I'm a little scared that The Conduit won't do so well. Because if you own a good PC or an HD console there is little reason to buy it, you probably already have some monster FPS games, and the conduit seems a bit too generic an FPS to warrant buying another FPS.
If it is well balanced, and gets a healthy and exciting competitive scene, and E-sport status it will at least become more hardcore in the true meaning of the word than anything the HD consoles has to offer.

first you are conditioning this a lot.1 the user must have pc and or HD consoles and 2, the user doesnt cares how amazing are wii mote controls for fps(making even less likely he or she has a wii on the first place therefore).

Around the Network
LordMatrix said:
Million said:

The highest selling FPS game on the Wii is Metroid Prime 3 ,1.53 Million sales , A more recent addition is Call Of Duty 5 which sold 1.17 Million.

Here are some considerations , to put this to rest...

-Metroid Prime Series & Call Of Duty are both very well recognised franchises , mabe COD moreso to the general consumer.
-Call Of Duty sold 5.46 Million on the 360 (more than 2X the Wii)with about 60% of the Wii's install base
-There's nothing about the Conduit that apears to apeal to the Wii Fit , Wii Play type demographic , this game is clearly aimed at the traditional gamer.
-Assuming that Conduit has as much as 50% the success Call Of Duty 5's success it will only sell around 550k

I think alot of Wii fans will be shocked/disapointed by the result.

If Call of Duty World at War barely broke a million sales on Wii I doubt an unproven franchise by a not so well known developer will sell huge. I persoanlly am looking forward to this game being a huge shooter fan but I don't see this being popular with general consumers. This is a core gamers game and just because it is a Teen rating doesn't mean much maybe a few extra sales but Mature and Teen games have hitorically done well with core gamers for years. I am more concerned about Red Steel 2 because it requires motion plus to play and I think that was a stupid move on Ubisoft's end and will hurt the games sales tremendously. They should have made it optional instead.

Actually COD broke rather quickly the million barrier ,faster than most wii games released.Thats healthy sign. Not only that, the game multiplayer was weaker and had no wiispeak than TC will. Adding insult to injury, the wii got the leftovers of the ps3 ,360 AND PC and still sold so well in less than a year. ADDING more, the game is Teen!.

So Pros of WAW> known IP

Pros of The conduit> hyped

better visuals

exclusive!!

teen market included

Wiispeak

better online features

better graphics

And you really think that at very least TC wont match a mature game sales?i highly, HIGHLY doubt it.Another brutal example, Madworld, mature, more of a niche market than FPS(brawlers ffs!), less publicity, less hype,less general interest.It still had similar initial sales than WAW(so far).Almost 200k more or less. Conduit will probably sell thrice than that in 3 months(600k ish range),which is pretty darn good.Heck, it will get to the million faster than WAW most likely.Gamers that purchased WAW are very very prone to get a better game,by pure logic.Fans or FPS tend to be savy enough to spread awareness by word of mouth and the internet. Heck, Red steel was a horrible fps a brand ip without online and it broke the million sales. Nah, Is a sure win for HV.

intro94 said:
LordMatrix said:
Million said:

The highest selling FPS game on the Wii is Metroid Prime 3 ,1.53 Million sales , A more recent addition is Call Of Duty 5 which sold 1.17 Million.

Here are some considerations , to put this to rest...

-Metroid Prime Series & Call Of Duty are both very well recognised franchises , mabe COD moreso to the general consumer.
-Call Of Duty sold 5.46 Million on the 360 (more than 2X the Wii)with about 60% of the Wii's install base
-There's nothing about the Conduit that apears to apeal to the Wii Fit , Wii Play type demographic , this game is clearly aimed at the traditional gamer.
-Assuming that Conduit has as much as 50% the success Call Of Duty 5's success it will only sell around 550k

I think alot of Wii fans will be shocked/disapointed by the result.

If Call of Duty World at War barely broke a million sales on Wii I doubt an unproven franchise by a not so well known developer will sell huge. I persoanlly am looking forward to this game being a huge shooter fan but I don't see this being popular with general consumers. This is a core gamers game and just because it is a Teen rating doesn't mean much maybe a few extra sales but Mature and Teen games have hitorically done well with core gamers for years. I am more concerned about Red Steel 2 because it requires motion plus to play and I think that was a stupid move on Ubisoft's end and will hurt the games sales tremendously. They should have made it optional instead.

Actually COD broke rather quickly the million barrier ,faster than most wii games released.Thats healthy sign. Not only that, the game multiplayer was weaker and had no wiispeak than TC will. Adding insult to injury, the wii got the leftovers of the ps3 ,360 AND PC and still sold so well in less than a year. ADDING more, the game is Teen!.

So Pros of WAW> known IP

Pros of The conduit> hyped

better visuals

exclusive!!

teen market included

Wiispeak

better online features

better graphics

And you really think that at very least TC wont match a mature game sales?i highly, HIGHLY doubt it.Another brutal example, Madworld, mature, more of a niche market than FPS(brawlers ffs!), less publicity, less hype,less general interest.It still had similar initial sales than WAW(so far).Almost 200k more or less. Conduit will probably sell thrice than that in 3 months(600k ish range),which is pretty darn good.Heck, it will get to the million faster than WAW most likely.Gamers that purchased WAW are very very prone to get a better game,by pure logic.Fans or FPS tend to be savy enough to spread awareness by word of mouth and the internet. Heck, Red steel was a horrible fps a brand ip without online and it broke the million sales. Nah, Is a sure win for HV.

IDC that it is Teen that will only give it a few extra sales perhaps. Where do I even say that I don't think a Teen game can match a Mature one in sales btw? Healthy sales for a Call of Duty game barely reaching a million is terrible. That is also an established franchise that  has had it's last 2 games sell 5 plus million on 360 alone too tired to check PS3 right now might edit later. Now take The Conduit it is a new ip on a system that isn't well know for good shooters to begin with and is not aimed at the casual/mainstream market those are both reasons as to why I am beign a little cautious about jsut how well this will sell. No hate on the game either because I will guarantee you I will be getting it on day one. I want to be optimistic here but seriously lets get real this game will probably not make more than 600 thousand in sales. As far as shooters go the game looks a bit average but I want a good shooter on my Wii and am craving a new FPS on any system at the moment. In fact The Conduit and Red steel 2 are 2 of my most wanted Wii games this year. Will The Conduit be fun?  Will it sell a ton of copies? Will it become the Wii's staple shooter series? Who knows... we will just have to find out.

VideoGamer.com: So will The Conduit suffer the same disappointing sales as Madworld?

HVS: No it will not because we are crossing our fingers AND toes.

Words Of Wisdom said:

VideoGamer.com: So will The Conduit suffer the same disappointing sales as Madworld?

HVS: No it will not because we are crossing our fingers AND toes.

Oooh, that's just mean.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Words Of Wisdom said:

HVS: No it will not because Sega is providing a far larger marketing budget, the retail channel is far more receptive, consumer demand is higher and we believe we have a higher quality product.

Fixed.

The rEVOLution is not being televised