By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - High Voltage: The Conduit wont suffer Madworld sales fate

Hisiru said:

I think that this game will sell more than the COD games in the Wii, because the storyline is much more interesting and COD you can have in a lot of plataforms (PS3, PS2, 360, PC, etc), The Conduit is an exclusive game for the Wii, you only can have this game on the Wii. They just need to put that storyline trailer in the TVs, and we will see what happens.

Quoted for IxisNaugus - this is from the 2nd page of the thread.  As you were saying?

Stop getting so excited about a Kid Icarus remake... the original NES Icarus sucked.

Around the Network

It ships the 23rd, Gamestop has it AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE on the 24th. We have to wait another day.
ohhhhhh, my mistake, apologies.

Derek said:

Hisiru said:

I think that this game will sell more than the COD games in the Wii, because the storyline is much more interesting and COD you can have in a lot of plataforms (PS3, PS2, 360, PC, etc), The Conduit is an exclusive game for the Wii, you only can have this game on the Wii. They just need to put that storyline trailer in the TVs, and we will see what happens.

Quoted for IxisNaugus - this is from the 2nd page of the thread.  As you were saying?

Hisiru stated it'd sell more than the CoD games on the Wii, 3 and WaW if you didn't know, not the general franchise as you made it sound. Whether or not this could happen is debateable, but The Conduit may have a shot at overtaking said games sometime down the line. Have you read my OP yet? Some interesting revelations there. Or is your sole purpose for being here simply to quote others?

How technical is your game?

Derek said:
Hisiru said:

I will wait until you have a real argument.

Derek said:
routsounmanman said:
Why is everyone accusing the Wii fanbase of just about everything? "Not hardcore", "Wii Fit", "little kids", "only first-party sells", etc (speaking in general here, not just in this thread).

It's noone's fault that previous FPS efforts (haha) on Wii haven't sold adequately, or "hardcore titles" in general. It's Capcom's, EA's, Activision's job to CREATE, MOVE, INTEREST people towards their titles.

When you make a product and it doesn't sell as you hope it would, you don't blame the consumers, that only make things much worse; you ACT on it. You advertise, you improve, you OFFER. If Resident Evil 5 or FFXIII were on the Wii I doubt any of the HD snobs would turn away.

Or, it could be the fact that the overwhelming majority of Wiis sold were done so as "Wii Sports" machines.  These people will not be moved towards buying shooters.  If 20% of the Wii install base are "hardcore"/may potentially buy a shooter, then that is less than 10 mil "install base" to sell these games to.  Are any of you guys understanding the issue yet?

Who bought Brawl? You certainly don't think it has an 85% attach rate with the hardcore.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Derek said:
Hisiru said:

Well, uh, you see... Hisiru was simply saying that he thinks, uh... Erm...

THE CONDUIT WILL SELL MORE THAN THE COD GAMES ON WII!!!

Erm, just so you know, that means not the COD on the other platforms. Fail much, Derek?

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network
Vertigo-X said:
Derek said:
Hisiru said:

Erm, just so you know, that means not the COD on the other platforms. Fail much, Derek?

I already said why I think that it is possible, I will wait until you have a real argument that explain why I am wrong.

Vertigo-X said:
Derek said:
Hisiru said:

Did I ever intimate that I was talking about COD on the other platforms?  Who on god's green earth would think the Conduit would sell 5 mil copies?  Clearly,  I was talking about COD Wii, and never did I give the impression otherwise.  I don't anticipate Conduit will break 1 mil, let alone whatever COD Wii's total is at.

Stop getting so excited about a Kid Icarus remake... the original NES Icarus sucked.

@Vertigo-X
I am sorry for my quote, I thought that you was being ironic, in fact I didn't read this part:
"Erm, just so you know, that means not the COD on the other platforms. Fail much, Derek?"

@Derek
Where is your real argument? Come on man, I don't know you, but I know that you are smart, give me a great argument.

Derek said:
Vertigo-X said:
Derek said:
Hisiru said:

Did I ever intimate that I was talking about COD on the other platforms?  Who on god's green earth would think the Conduit would sell 5 mil copies?  Clearly,  I was talking about COD Wii, and never did I give the impression otherwise.  I don't anticipate Conduit will break 1 mil, let alone whatever COD Wii's total is at.

Yes, actually. If you were talking of the two Wii iterations of the CoD franchise you would have stated so, rather than using the CoD name in meaning the entire franchise. You don't know how much the Wii copies of CoD 3 and WaW have sold? Then how can you honestly say The Conduit will not sell as much or more?

@ Hisiru. He has no actual argument, he probably hasn't even read the OP.

How technical is your game?

steven787 said:
Derek said:
steven787 said:
Half a million is bad? If games had to sell a million to make a profit, then the whole industry would go under (minus Nintendo, but they would see a decrease as people would lose interest in a non-competitive industry).

Goalpost moving confirmed.

Huh? I have very little interest in this game. I do not like first person shooters, and don't really care if more or less people buy Wii consoles.

That being said, there are a ton of games on all the consoles that are decent in their genre, made a profit and sold less than one million.

Edit: I have always been against the gamers' Manichean "awesome or sucks" mentality.  This mentality is what turns gamers into trolls on forums and, in general, leads to a misunderstanding of how the world works.

Edit2: I personally love my Wii, I still won't be personally offended whether or not anyone buys this game, and I still don't think 500k is a failure.

Derek said:
Vertigo-X said:
Derek said:
Hisiru said:

I disagree, I think that the game's push at Gamestop and the internet hype may push it over a million by the end of the year...

That being said, No More Heroes sold 400k with barely any advertising, an M-Rating, and is considered a success by the publisher.  It is getting a sequel.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.