@ Outlaw FF12 was easy..the easiest FF yet

Around the Network
wenlan said:
wait until you try Demon's Souls :)

Thanks what im excited about

Xxain said:
@ Pristine - Finally somebody who isnt spoiled

Look, if you wanna call FF12 easy, be my guest...but 7,8 and 10 are WAY more easy than 12. I remember dying a good amount of times in FF12, but in 10 the only challenging fight is the final boss, FF7 and FF8 I didn't die once except for side bosses

^ I agree FFX is for babies, The only challenge in FFX was some of the monster arenas

Well, then make up your mind...FFX is for babies but FF12 is the easiest?

Around the Network

I dont really like JRPGs ( i find them gay ) so i agree with you

zexen_lowe said:
Xxain said:

Look, if you wanna call FF12 easy, be my guest...but 7,8 and 10 are WAY more easy than 12. I remember dying a good amount of times in FF12, but in 10 the only challenging fight is the final boss, FF7 and FF8 I didn't die once except for side bosses

Final boss in X wasn´t hard. It could be down in two hits.

But, easiest FF for me is IX. All monsters had minimum HP. Battles with bosses were long, only if you wanted all items from them. Outside of that, no challenge.

Replace JRPG with any other genre of game in the first post's list. Rinse, repeat.

Xxain said:

What now?

Final Fantasy XII is harder than every Final Fantasy I've ever played. (That's FF1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 12)

I've played 5 and 6 but not enough to give a proper statement on their respective difficulties.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

5 - Dunno what you talkin 'bout. So far almost every RPG i've played is GAME OVER when you die.

4 - RPGs should have difficult encounters, puzzles, quests to figure out, etc. Not be tedious. If I have to spend an hour or crawling through a dungeon to kill the boss but get killed by the boss I'm probably only going to try 2 or 3 times before I quit the game altogether. And that's me, most others would quit at 30 minutes.

If you don't want to use a save point, then don't make the game difficult yourself, dont force others to play the way you want. I myself usually forgo minor save points unless I die, the second go around I save until I pass whatever killed me and then go back to town saves.

3 - I agree to an extent. I don't really care about how easy it is to get money, cause I always XP grind (the first time through) anyway so i've never not had way more than enough money to go around. I'd rather however have less reliance on buying items/armor in town and more reliance on item drops from mobs and bosses. Generic store bought items never being the best stuff, rather crafted/dropped items being where its at to outfit your characters.

2 - Same with 3. When I XP grind everything is usually easy by the time im done. Rather than limit XP and merely making it take longer to grind, make bosses require strategy. Even with 10 level higher group than boss it should still be hardish to defeat the boss by pure brute force, instead all boses should require certain spells, equipment, and strategy to make the fight winnable.

1 - What makes sense? Never ever seeing a mob in front of you step on them? Or always seeing mobs, even around the corner out of your field of vision? Neither. Encounters should be about half random and half visible avoidable encounters. It's easy to see what kind of encounters would be random, slime coming up through cracks in the ground, bats attacking from the ceiling, creatures jumping up at you from tall grass and out of trees. Otherwise you should be able to see that skeleton or guard trudging through the hallway. It just makes sense, nothing at all to do with the difficulty of the game.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.