By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which will sell more, Punch Out or The Conduit?

gergroy said:
chriscox1121 said:
gergroy said:
jefforange89 said:
gergroy said:
it will be punchout. Conduit won't sell, I think it would be lucky if it hit a million, not that it will be a bad game, just the wii doesn't do well with fps games.

The Wii's 7 million-selling shooters would like a word with you.

well, if you look at those million selling shooters, none of them are over 2 million.  Games like CoD which are massive games barely sold over a million on the wii where on the 360 they sold 2.3 and 5.4.  Even with the larger install base the wii games don't sell as well as their hd counterparts.  So yeah, I think my statement is very justified. 

give me a break....call of duty is garbage on the Wii.

true, but you could say that about every fps on the wii, except maybe metroid (although IMO it's garbage as well)

one thing we can agree on.  all shooters are garbage on teh wii......except Metroid.....but i don't see metroid the same as COD and Conduit.  IMO

Around the Network

Probably Punch-Out!! but I just want to fit in lol.

gergroy said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
gergroy said:
chriscox1121 said:
gergroy said:
jefforange89 said:
gergroy said:
it will be punchout. Conduit won't sell, I think it would be lucky if it hit a million, not that it will be a bad game, just the wii doesn't do well with fps games.

well, if you look at those million selling shooters, none of them are over 2 million.  Games like CoD which are massive games barely sold over a million on the wii where on the 360 they sold 2.3 and 5.4.  Even with the larger install base the wii games don't sell as well as their hd counterparts.  So yeah, I think my statement is very justified. 

true, but you could say that about every fps on the wii, except maybe metroid (although IMO it's garbage as well)

*screams obscenities and proceeds to faint from anger*

haha, at least I didn't present my opinion as a fact.  I just don't like the control scheme with fps games on the wii, that is really my only guff with metroid.

Yeah, I respect your opinion, just had to show my displeasure with it. :(

I ask people I know about many games.

House of the Dead: Overkill, Madworld, No More Heroes, Castlevania Judgment, Skate It, Punchout (they just found out about this one), and several other games.

They haven't heard of any one of them.

Punchout was advertised on TV at my school this morning,in every homeroom. I have seen on Fox during American Idol and on smaller networks.

Sega will advertise The Conduit, but in a similar fashion like HOTD:O.

I see Punchout selling 1.75m+~ and The Conduit selling around 1.25m. Punchout will most likely win, but The Conduit will do well.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

rapsuperstar31 said:
Neither game will be massive sellers, but Punch Out should win pretty easily. Punch out's lifetime will be b/t 1-2million while the Conduit will be lucky to hit 500,000 lifetime worldwide

You do realize that is impossible right? Even 007: Quantum of Solace sold 450k on the Wii. The Conduit has LEAGUES more hype and seems to be a better game than QOS.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
rapsuperstar31 said:
Neither game will be massive sellers, but Punch Out should win pretty easily. Punch out's lifetime will be b/t 1-2million while the Conduit will be lucky to hit 500,000 lifetime worldwide

You do realize that is impossible right? Even 007: Quantum of Solace sold 450k on the Wii. The Conduit has LEAGUES more hype and seems to be a better game than QOS.

The Conduit has some internet hype, but it's unknown outside of message boards. Quantum of Solace was a game from a mainstream blockbuster movie. I don't think that's a good comparison.

I say, The Conduit will be lucky if it hits one million. But honestly, who cares, as long as the game is good. Poor sales haven't stopped me from enjoying Okami and ICO.

gergroy said:
jefforange89 said:
gergroy said:

And?  A million sales are still a million sales, no matter how you try to spin it.  Just because it doesn't sell as well as on HD consoles, doesn't mean it doesn't sell at all.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

If The Conduit can sell even 500k worldwide I'd say that's a success.

Punch-Out! will do 2.5+ million, if it really catches on you could be talking 4-5 million. Link's Crossbow Training has sold over 3 million for crying out loud.

The Conduit should easily outsell Punch Out. Punch Out might have higher opening numbers from the Nintendo Fanboys, but by the end of the year The Conduit will out pace it.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
gergroy said:
chriscox1121 said:
gergroy said:
jefforange89 said:
gergroy said:

*screams obscenities and proceeds to faint from anger

*steps in to take over but is lost for words'

Metroid, garbage?