By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Period Reminder!

I totally agree with the OP. I may say some harsh things about 360 and PS3, but I don't think they're bad systems (even though I prefer Nintendo and only own Nintendo consoles) I just think that Nintendo got the drop on the competition this generation and I believe there are a lot of unrealistic expectations out there. I KNOW there are a lot of unrealistic expectations out there because I had them for two generations of Nintendo systems myself.

Edit - but I also know that in spite of poor sales, GameCube was the right choice for me, as was N64.  I can't give up Nintendo's first party games and I'm sure there are gamers out there who can't give up Halo or Gran Turismo.

Around the Network

Well said, Bod. The Gamecube had better games than the PS2 did; the PS2 had a better all-around library. It's like comparing the PSP vs the DS. The PSP has the better all-around library, but the Ds has better games. It's the same with the N64 and PS1.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Bodhesatva said:

1) The system that sells the best is not necessarily for everyone.

The system that sells the best does so because more people think it's great for them.

Yeah but those who don't buy it don't think so that's why he said not for EVERYONE. Some people =/= Everyone.

Agree with lolita some people =/= everyone ... its sometimes just half of the people , while the other half is split in two ( see curent generation of consoles ) .

Funny title BTW :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

stof said:
You're all disgusting.

It's only disgusting if someone mentions that the game uses the DS camera attachment and Wi-Fi.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Lolita:

Yeah but those who don't buy it don't think so that's why he said not for EVERYONE. Some people =/= Everyone.

What the OP said and what I said are different things with different meanings.  Why are you responding as if I contradicted him?

Words Of Wisdom said:

Lolita:

What the OP said and what I said are different things with different meanings. Why are you responding as if I contradicted him?

Well it sure sounded like you were trying to mount some kind of counterargument ... and if you weren't, then what was the point of the post?  Your comment was just a tautology.  ('The system that sells the best is the most popular one' -- what amazing insight!)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

stof said:
Hehe. I thought this was going to be a grammar based thread.

So young and innocent, stof

Thread title mistake = hilarity, Bod wins, flawless victory. 

Cadence, periods may not be funny, but wait to see how unfunny they are when you miss one! Always good to have a reminder!

Remember guys, thank God we don't need to deal with that. If every 21 days our dick bled for a week, we would in fact panic.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Yeah, I came into this thread expecting it to be like this and for some reason I actually came inot it. And now I'm leaving it.