By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conduit making Wii Haters scared (ie. fake review)

Wall of text hurts my eyes.

But, i agree... its a pretty cheap attempt to derail the game.

What will be really funny, is if the game turns out to be as bad as that fake review was.

Around the Network

I hate it when people declare that if The Conduit sells poorly the wii won't see anymore third-party games. The wii will see third-party games regardless of The Conduits success or not.

1. Third-parties will not ignore a userbase of that size

2. Japanese third-parties will always want to develop for wii as it has Dragon Quest X coming which essentially gurantees that the wii will win there.

3. There are plenty of third-party efforts already. The Wii's upcoming lineup is awesome and it's just about exclusively third-party.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Yay, call everyone who disagrees haters so you can ignore any points they make.

How about some legitimate criticism of the game that people have raised.

1. No cooperative play on a console defined by it.

2. Some people say it doesn't look like anything they haven't seen before, to many people it looks like a last gen fps dressed up in Wiimote controls.

3. Some people like, some people hate the art directions. If they are potential paying customers its their right to judge.

4. There have been other flops for the Wii, unfortunately good games which didn't sell. So of course theres a chance that the Conduit will not sell very well.

Tease.

griffinA said:
I hate it when people declare that if The Conduit sells poorly the wii won't see anymore third-party games. The wii will see third-party games regardless of The Conduits success or not.

2. Japanese third-parties will always want to develop for wii as it has Dragon Quest X coming which essentially gurantees that the wii will win there.

3. There are plenty of third-party efforts already. The Wii's upcoming lineup is awesome and it's just about exclusively third-party.

Obviously 3rd party companies will not ignore the Wii especially considering userbase. Unfortunately, the large userbase doesn't exactly give better software sales. The HD console have smaller userbases but still manage to typically get better software sales.

mjc2021 said:
griffinA said:

Obviously 3rd party companies will not ignore the Wii especially considering userbase. Unfortunately, the large userbase doesn't exactly give better software sales. The HD console have smaller userbases but still manage to typically get better software sales.

Wrong. NPD proved the Wii sells more software, whether total or 3rd party.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
mjc2021 said:
griffinA said:

Already proven wrong. This only works when you selectivly take the top X amount of third party games and then compare. This however is inaccurate towards TOTAL third party sales. As for the top X listed games. There is a complete disparity in the effort put into the games favoring HD consoles. Seriouslly I like No More Heroes and Mad World, but let's be honest they nowhere near had any amount of the same effort as DMC, MGS4, GTA4, RE5.... let's actually see the same game franchise played the same way with the same polish released at the same time on it before Wii is listed as the core gamer fail machine.

Cause no offense to the game, but playing a big doesn't do it for me in play style. Maybe I would like it if I played it, but I haven't yet and playing a bug isn't attracting me to try.

I do have a cavet though. FPS games have never been so much about the gameplay. To developers it's more about the technical achievment. So even if this game is a marvel FPS fans have already chosen wich system to play the FPS games on. This decision was made well before the Wiiremote was even announced. No amount of intuitive interface will massive sell this game on the Wii.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Scared of what? The game doesn't come close to the best shooters on the PS3 and 360.

hsrob said:

"Yes, it's a fake. Hopefully we all know that now.

Why did I do it? Take it as a valuable lesson.

It took hours before somebody caught on; most people just looked at the score and moved on. People only really took notice after somebody else mentioned that there were errors (which, by the way, were intentional...I'll get to that later).

So what's my point? I'm stressing the importance of the review itself, rather than the score. Editors write the review for a reason: You're meant to read it.

People put way too much emphasis on scores these days. Most just ignore the content within the review altogether (Proof? Just look at how many people fell for it).

Many cried "flop confirmed!" or "fail!" without even reading the review, as if ONE REVIEW is the be-all and end-all of how a game will turn out.

If you actually took the time to read and analyze the review, you would see that there were mistakes all over the place. Pictures that were months old, spelling and grammatical errors, incorrect information. I even put a hidden message somewhere in there (which I believe is yet to be discovered). Anyone who actually took the time to READ the review could easily catch them.

So if you embarrassed yourself earlier by falling for it, hopefully you will learn something from this. And if you didn't get a chance to read the review, but you know that you often find yourself only looking at the scores, maybe it's time you take a step back and realize that there's more to a review than the number next to it.

Apparently, this "review" spread across the internet like wildfire. I don't have accounts at any other websites, so if anybody wants to copy-paste this somewhere else, please feel free.

And remember, games are meant to be played. Let's just enjoy them.

Have a great day!
" (gamespot user: greyfox02)

So far I think I'm the only person in this thread besides hsrob who has read this.

It would be nice if the people posting after this post would take the time to read it as well.

LordTheNightKnight said:
mjc2021 said:
griffinA said:

Wrong. NPD proved the Wii sells more software, whether total or 3rd party.

Oh, well if you say NPD proved it you must be right.

griffinA said:

I agree with this 100%. The only people echoing such nonsense are the fanboys hoping this would be the case. The Conduit is not a "messiah." It is a game attempting to diversify the Wii library. After Prime 3 I no longer cared for dual analogue for aiming and have been waiting patiently for another game to nail the controls. W@W was a decent game and online is cool, but this game is attempting to surpass that. I can careless about reviews or fanboys on forums telling me a game sucks or is good, I reserve judgement for myself.

I'm alittle disappointed that Madworld is considered a flop and is now some sort of benchmark for "M" games on the Wii, that's such a tired argument, especially when there are other M games on Wii that have went platinum, 2 or three of them fps. I think the Conduit will find succes, how much is not known, no one truly knows what will be a hit or not.

But the fear is obvious and has been apparent since the games inception. One of the problems with this gen is people would rather battle in forums than enjoy games. They'd rather dice up and designate certain types of games  and gamers "casual" and "hardcore."

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.