By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just thought of something that would be amazing in Punch-Out!!

Now, as some of you know, there's a big secret about this game that's under embargo until the game's release date, and said secret is not the existence of Championship Mode as pretty much every review has mentioned it.

It seemed hinted to me, from one of the reviews I read (I can't remember which one), that the secret was that Championship Mode features an extra opponent at the end. Now, at first, I immediately thought of Tyson, simply because... Well, you know why. But considering he's prominently featured in a different game series (Fight Night, was it?) and Reggie himself publicly denied that Tyson would be in the game, I thought of something else that would rock my socks off...

Imagine beating the regular circuits, all 13 opponents. (Will write them below here, but spoilertagged, so mark if you want to know what opponents are confirmed and in what order):

Glass Joe, Von Kaiser, Disco Kid, King Hippo, Piston Hondo, Bear Hugger, Great Tiger, Don Flamenco, Aran Ryan, Soda Popinski, Bald Bull, Super Macho Man and finally Mr. Sandman

Then, you return to fight the championship battles, beat them all again... And at the very end, you meet the ultimate opponent... Mario.

Would make sense why he isn't the referee anymore, then, huh?

Around the Network

I think you get to face Reggie himself.

holy!!! facing Reggie will be Cool!!!!
But I prefer the drunk lady !!!! I'll kick her ass for the Lame E3 2008!!!

I don't think that Mario idea You got there is gonna happen

In my last hour I'm slave to power of death!!!

I really don't think Mario will be in this Punch-Out. And I don't want it to be the big secret.

I'll give a totally crazy Prediction: at the end, you will fight Doc Louis Young.

I will be happy with them adding online!!

Around the Network

Mike Tyson makes a guest appearance at the end?

Yeah, fighting Reggie would be great!! But I think it's impossible, so let's hope for Mario...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

My money is on either Giga Mac, or Mr. Dream

It would have to be giant mushroom Mario, because it just isn't right for Little Mac to fight somebody shorter than himself.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Cactus said:
My money is on either Giga Mac, or Mr. Dream

There's simply no way it's Giga Mac, since it would be completely pointless for that to be under embargo until the game's release. Mr. Dream is possible, though I don't see why they'd want to make such a big secret out of that.