By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Anime How they turned the Best Show into the Worst

God I havent watched that in years

Around the Network

Nothing lasts forever.

@Thechalkblock

yeah i know...they should've just ended it after the Kanto Region
Better cancelled than ruined

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

My guess is that you just got older. It's always been a pretty shitty kids show.

16-bit gamer said:

First 49 Episodes  10/10

BEST SHOW EVARRR!!!!!!!!! it had everything! Ash not knowing what he is doing and misty and brock making fun of him for it, Brock's obsession with women, Jesse and James failing all the time, Jesse's vanity, Gary and Ash's rivilry, Meowth's funny comments, 4th wall breaking, and innuendo i didn't get until i was older...it was AWESOME!!!!!

Episodes 50-82 9.8/10

Still the BEST SHOW EVAR!!!!!! but the whole togepi part was really stupid...i hated he/she...it added an element of cuteness that didn't need to be there..thats what pikachu is for. And dexter got a new voice which kinda sucked..but still the best show EVARR!!!!!!

Episodes 83-118 9/10

It was no longer in the kanto region so i really couldn't identify with the areas or gym fights...also brock left...WTF!!!!!!!!! i loved how brock always went crazy over women and they took that part out!!! WTF!!! and nobobdy likes tracy...jeez!

Episodes 118-276 8.5/10

Brock came back which was good...but still..the show seemed a little different..Ash's voice seemed kinda different and i didn't find the plots as interesting...Also it took them WAYYYY TOOO LONGGGGG to get through the Jhoto Region. it took them 158 episodes to get through the Jhoto region...WTF!!!!! And i know everyone else complains about this but, i don't care what you say the first 151 pokemon are the best and the others are "okay". Some Jhoto pokemon are cool but they just aren't as super awesome as the first 151.

Episodes 276-422 7.5/10

ASH CHANGED CLOTHES!!!!! OMG!!! NOTHING HAS BUGGED ME MORE THAN THAT....GRRRR!!!!!! RABBBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!...sorry..just letting off a little steam...Misty left and May and Max joined (may was okay but max was annoying, and i miss misty) 4 Protaginists? too many...you suck max...also Ash seemed to know what he was doing during the Hoenn and Battle Frontier season (so a main element of the original show was lost) i liked Ash being an Idiot..it made me laugh

Episodes 422-Current 5/10

new voices...this actually bugged me more than Ash's outfit changing..this is when i stopped watching...also the show seemed to get a lot more kiddy like..it seemed like it should've been playing on Nick Jr. not Cartoon Network

so yeah...what do you think? (Sorry if there is tons of typos)

EDIT: i still liked the original show, i have the DVD Box Sets and i love them, Me Growing up has nothing to do with it

Yeah once you get around ep 400 the show starts to really drag.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Around the Network

It reached its climax when Charizard fought Articuno.

Carl2291 said:
It reached its climax when Charizard fought Articuno.

The Dragonite fight was pretty cool as well.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

xbebop said:
First of all, Pokemon was only good when I was 7-12 years old and didn't know that it sucked.

Go watch Samurai X, Cowboy Bebop, and Evangelion.

Woe woe woe woe woe, The original show was good for everyone, the show now is for like ages 3-7. I could care less if you bad mouth the new Pokemon show but you have got to respect and love the original.

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

monkeyman40210 said:
xbebop said:
First of all, Pokemon was only good when I was 7-12 years old and didn't know that it sucked.

Go watch Samurai X, Cowboy Bebop, and Evangelion.

Woe woe woe woe woe, The original show was good for everyone, the show now is for like ages 3-7. I could care less if you bad mouth the new Pokemon show but you have got to respect and love the original.

**Whoa.

Maybe I would agree with you if I could see the original series again--but maybe not. The voice acting is terrible either way(except for Jesse and James).

Myviewing said:

Well this turned out to be somewhat of a rant, I hope I didn't make myself sound stupid or anything. But hey, the games are still cool.

Many great cartoons such as Scooby Doo have done the same. 

It's all about keeping it fresh.  Pokemon just wasn't able to do it as well as others.