By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: Is Metal Gear Solid Overrated?

Hmm after checking demos for MGS 4 I'd say it's a game where i really want to see plot and cutscenes but i'd rather watch someone else playing it :)
Hence why i didn't buy it.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

I guess the game isn't for everybody, but it is one of my favorite PS3 games.

KylieDog said:
MGS4 is, and to a slightly lesser extent MGS2 also.

Never come across so much inconsistant badly told story in my life as in those two games.

Please dont make your opinion seem as a fact, to many gamers the Metal gear series is one of the best gaming series ever.

mM
leo-j said:
KylieDog said:

Never come across so much inconsistant badly told story in my life as in those two games.

Please dont make your opinion seem as a fact, to many gamers the Metal gear series is one of the best gaming series ever.

I agree with this, about 400 times.

500 times on a Sunday.

KylieDog said:
leo-j said:
KylieDog said:

Doesn't mean it isn't not overrated.

Leo-j, you need to learn how people talk when speaking objectively. That WAS opinion, by the sound of it he did not try to pass it off as fact at all.

OT: Yes, extremely so.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

I personally think MGS4 is overrated as a game. The graphics are fantastic, the story is decent (I don't expect Hollywood like plots in games), and the game play is rock solid.

The main problem I have with the game is I couldn't just pick it up and play for an hour. If I did their were times I might only get 20 or 30 minutes and sat watched the rest of time. While some of the best moments were in the cut scenes, it would have been better If I were playing rather than on the sidelines watching.

It's still a great game, but Bioshock, Killzone2, Gears, Uncharted, Ratchet, and Mario Galaxy are much better games for my taste.

Just my opinion.