By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If the PS3 Slim is legit and releases at $299 - What will it do for sales?

Carl2291 said:
phnguyen89 said:
There will NOT be a price but or slimer design soon. If that happens, Sony will go further into lost and the Playstation Brand will collapse. Why would they do that? All of you hoping to get a cheaper PS3 should get a job and stop bitching. Stop with the threads jeez. If you don't have the money, don't play video games or get cheap consoles like Wii and 360. You get what you pay for people. At most Sony is going to introduce the 45nm unannounced.

Hey, take anger management.

Then once you're back from that... care to explain how else SONY are gonna do 13Million in the next year? 

Simple, it will sell as it has for the previous 22 mil

Around the Network

If this generation becomes an engineering matchup of who can most effeiciently reduce the cost of hardware in a way that the console actually works (no red rings), then Sony's background puts it in a much better position than Microsoft's. It's Engineers vs Programmers.

austin2359 said:

If this generation becomes an engineering matchup of who can most effeiciently reduce the cost of hardware in a way that the console actually works (no red rings), then Sony's background puts it in a much better position than Microsoft's. It's Engineers vs Programmers.

That may be so, but Microsoft is multi-billion-billion dollar company. They can get whatever tech they want honestly. 

The 360 is also a year older than the PS3 so MS has had longer to think about how they're going to retool it. They probably have been sitting on a 360 Slim for ages now just waiting to counter a similar move from Sony. 

That's been rumored for how long now? The system is 4-years-old this fall, they should be able to make a slimmer 360 easily by now. 

The Xbox Man said:
@bodhi

so will the Jewish God & hinduism god (I think, thats what its called right) join together to make "Guitar Hero"

the jewish god = the christian god

hinduism has many gods

Romance is like playing Mastermind except the girl never tells you which pegs you got right. - Seanbaby

They got the tech that they wanted with the 360 and didn't properly engineer it.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
can anyone translate cantonese??

It is not chinese! Don't people realise that Japanese use kanji; Chinese characters?

I can translate it. The 1st picture says; "WRAPED BOX", and the sencond says; "DON'T TURN UPSIDE DOWN". I cannot read the 2nd pictures 2nd kanji, but I can read the rest.

So, it being Nihongo (Japanese) just makes it that much more believable. I am leaning towards that it is a real rumour. Wether we hear it at E3 is another thing.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

The people saying it won't change much and it won't sell more than the 360 are delusional, (fanboys make me laugh)! It would more than likely be priced at $299, (which is enough for it to out sell the 360 alone, once again). That, combined with the slim will be a sure win, win. Don't kid yourself.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

It wouldn't even put a dent in wii sales but I think it would close the gap with the 360. I hope its true though I would buy one in a heart beat.

Wichdog69

HanzoTheRazor said:
The people saying it won't change much and it won't sell more than the 360 are delusional, (fanboys make me laugh)! It would more than likely be priced at $299, (which is enough for it to out sell the 360 alone, once again). That, combined with the slim will be a sure win, win. Don't kid yourself.

You're making an awful lot of assumptions there. Why would it be a $100 drop? Since when do hardware makers doll out $100 drops, especailly when they are bleeding money as is? 

Did the PSP and PS2 redesigns come with price cuts? 

Also what stops Microsoft from simply adding a 60GB HDD to their existing $199.99 360 model and undercutting Sony yet again? 

Or releasing their own slim 360?

You seriously think Microsoft would just sit there and do nothing? Give them a little credit, they have kicked Sony's butt for the better part of 3 years now. 

^^^ 1. "You're making an awful lot of assumptions there", almost everyone in the industry is calling for them to have a $100 price cut this year, just read the net a bit. Also, SONY has rasied there expected HW sales for 2009 by 30%! That is a big increase with no price drop and no other insentives in HW, don't u think?

2. SONY's last price cut was $100 here in Japan and $200 in Australia, so maybe u should get your facts straight before u say; " Why would it be a $100 drop? Since when do hardware makers doll out $100 drops"!

3. "Especailly when they are bleeding money as is?" well, this is the whole point of a slim, to save money. 

4. "Did the PSP and PS2 redesigns come with price cuts?" No, but the PS2 had many price drops before that and the PS3 has only had one.

5. "Also what stops Microsoft from simply adding a 60GB HDD to their existing $199.99 360 model and undercutting Sony yet again? Or releasing their own slim 360?" They will, but my guess is not before SONY.