By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Article: Why Nintendo is always ‘doomed’

Nintendo is always doomed because Nintendo is the granddaddy in the videogaming industry. They've been around for eons, so people consistently think that they've gotta go at some point in time. Since they made a few mistakes in previous generations, people are used to the idea that Nintendo will go away "eventually".

And the stuff Malstrom said, too.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
dib8rman said:

I've been playing Eternal Sonata on my Ps3 and SC4 or 5 whatever it was.

Ewww.... Playing SC4 over Smash??  I can't even bother with fighters that play like SC now adays.   I'll play the shit out of ST2:Turbo Hyper Fightning on VC though.  Ever since the first Smash and Melee, I don't really care for button smasher fighting games.

sethnintendo said:
dib8rman said:

Ewww.... Playing SC4 over Smash??  I can't even bother with fighters that play like SC now adays.   I'll play the shit out of ST2:Turbo Hyper Fightning on VC though.  Ever since the first Smash and Melee, I don't really care for button smasher fighting games.

LOL. Most people that have fighter experience would agree that Smash series is more button mashing that Soul Calibur

Well to be fair, they patched the hell out of it so the moves work differently, but if your losing to button smashers then... um... yea.

Plus I can't stand Brawls online in too large a dosage anyway, the delay leads to people doing the jump b-tilt fair or bair, especially Shea who constantly goes into it V_V and has turned it into an offensive piece of art.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

disolitude said:
sethnintendo said:
dib8rman said:

LOL. Most people that have fighter experience would agree that Smash series is more button mashing that Soul Calibur

Button smashers are always beat by decent or pros in Smash which can't be said for almost any other fighter.  A button smasher has probably a 10% chance to beat a decent / pro person in any other fighter.  About a 1% chance in Smash.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
disolitude said:
sethnintendo said:
dib8rman said:

Button smashers are always beat by decent or pros in Smash which can't be said for almost any other fighter.  A button smasher has probably a 10% chance to beat a decent / pro person in any other fighter.  About a 1% chance in Smash.

While I agree tha tone cna be good in SMash brothers and always beat a button masher, the game is more chaotic and cluster-f&*k-ish then a fighter like Soul Cal. So sometimes even pros resort to button mashing...

You are not a pro in a game like VF, Soul cal and DOA if you lose to a button masher. Ther eis no way I can lose in DOA specifically to someone that just pushes attack. I'll counter the shit out of him. Street Fighter too is not even close. Newb in any 2d fighter rarely stands a chance of landing a hit on me...

Seth I would agree with you if you were talking about Melee.

@disolitude

Hardware is nothing without software. It's games like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, and Mario Kart that are driving the success of the Wii.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

@dissolute

I was getting my arse handed to me by a Ryu in SF4 he won every fight, then I picked Sagat and we fought and I won the big fight, the last fight, he lives in my house now.

Ah, okay I suppose not a pro but a semi decent player. Pros are pretty hard to beat in any fighting game no matter what if you are new / barely know the moves/combos. I guess I am just a big fan of having big stages you can jump around on / interactive stages. SC, SF, VF are all good games in their own respect but I just prefer the Smash style now.