By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Punch-Out!! - PAL box and disc. Confirms Balance Board support.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=82408#comments

Dunno if this has already been posted but this is pretty big imo.

Around the Network

Actually some reviewers are giving their opinions (Nothing official yet)

The game is a blast to play, as expected. I've tried both of the main control schemes and I actually find myself preferring the waggle controls, they're implemented really well. It's easier to waggle to regain health than it is to mash on 1 and 2. I haven't tried the balance board with the game yet, it seems like it would only make it more difficult (which could be part of the fun).

The presentation is awesome. The graphics, sound, and menus are all top notch.

It's too bad they couldn't get Isiah Whitlock Jr (the guy who played Doc Louis in the commercial) to voice Doc in the game. Doc's voice acting is pretty bad and it sticks out :P Otherwise the voices are fine and the ethnic stereotypes are entertaining. The scene that got me the most so far was one where Glass Joe was holding onto a big baguette for no real reason.

Also, for those concerned it looks like the game will update your Wii to 4.0. Mine was at 3.4 and it had me update.

There is a mode no one is allowed to talk about yet though. Balance board support my be it.

Though Ive read that it might be a fake box >.

Looks good and all, but...why does the disc itself say "PAL" while the back of the box says "Nintendo of America"?

The box is NTSC but the disc is PAL.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Hmm? NOA box and a PAL game?
wtf?

Looks badass though.

SmokedHostage said:
The box is NTSC but the disc is PAL.

Is that...common?

Can't wait. Is there an official PAL release date?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
Can't wait. Is there an official PAL release date?

A week after Friday I think.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Excellent! Not long to wait now then. I think balance board support is an excellent idea.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!