By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Punch-Out!! - PAL box and disc. Confirms Balance Board support.

Ok. While watching 1UP Game Night. They focused on Punch Out!! and they have confirmed balance board is supported

Around the Network

I heard one (p)review state that the balance board didn't work too well. :/

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Why are Wii discs always two-toned? I quite like my golden Zelda disc, but most of them just look cheap.

this was confirmed by nintnedo of italy like 2 months ago

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

alfredofroylan said:
Actually some reviewers are giving their opinions (Nothing official yet)
The game is a blast to play, as expected. I've tried both of the main control schemes and I actually find myself preferring the waggle controls, they're implemented really well. It's easier to waggle to regain health than it is to mash on 1 and 2. I haven't tried the balance board with the game yet, it seems like it would only make it more difficult (which could be part of the fun).

The presentation is awesome. The graphics, sound, and menus are all top notch.

It's too bad they couldn't get Isiah Whitlock Jr (the guy who played Doc Louis in the commercial) to voice Doc in the game. Doc's voice acting is pretty bad and it sticks out :P Otherwise the voices are fine and the ethnic stereotypes are entertaining. The scene that got me the most so far was one where Glass Joe was holding onto a big baguette for no real reason.

Also, for those concerned it looks like the game will update your Wii to 4.0. Mine was at 3.4 and it had me update.

Umm isn't Glass Joe French???

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
Valkyria00 said:
There is a mode no one is allowed to talk about yet though. Balance board support my be it.

Though Ive read that it might be a fake box >.<

Balance Board is control option not a game mode so I'm pretty sure it's something else.

Signature goes here!

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Why are Wii discs always two-toned? I quite like my golden Zelda disc, but most of them just look cheap.

because Nintendo decided that all games will be two-toned. Personally I don't care for most of them, but whatever.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)