By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lost Odyssey to be featured on 4 DVDs!

NeoRatt said:

Every 20 or so hours I get up and flip a disc. Blu-ray would give me no reason to exercise!

So it's better than Wii Fit?

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

While I agree that Blu-Ray/HD-DVD isn't needed yet this kind of discussion was applied when cds were the technology as well. But by the end of this genertion 1 Blu-Ray discs will probably be about the same price to produce as 4 dvds and the convienience will be nice. And if 4 is not annoying, when does it get annoying 6,8,10 etc. Let alone the extra packaging and shipping costs when you deal with 100s of thousands of units. I won't have to remember what disc I'm on, devlopers can even worry less about space constraints etc.

More importantly though this game looks awesome.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

W29 said:
OMG!!!!! (The G means Gosh) are you serious. This game is going to be huge. I haven't even played Blue Dragon or Eternal Sonata yet.

I'm not complaining the developers have to do what they got to do. To bring out those big games. And using 4 discs for me is not a problem. I know for sure Nintendo fanboys and Sony fansboys are going to light this thread up. So mrstickball be ready.

when does it become a problem? 5 disks? 7? 13? just curious where it becomes annoying for you...

IMO, after about 4 its too much *if* the game is short.

IE, a 5-disk 20hr game is insane, but a 5-disk 200hr game is not. That makes since?

I intentionally spelled your name wrong, libellule.

Carazo - 3 posts and your saying BD is worse than ES, yet haven't posted in either thread about the game? WTF?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

vizunary said:
W29 said:
OMG!!!!! (The G means Gosh) are you serious. This game is going to be huge. I haven't even played Blue Dragon or Eternal Sonata yet.

I'm not complaining the developers have to do what they got to do. To bring out those big games. And using 4 discs for me is not a problem. I know for sure Nintendo fanboys and Sony fansboys are going to light this thread up. So mrstickball be ready.

when does it become a problem? 5 disks? 7? 13? just curious where it becomes annoying for you...

Not a problem with me. Its not annoying, I can wait till the next Xbox come out.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
IMO, after about 4 its too much *if* the game is short.

IE, a 5-disk 20hr game is insane, but a 5-disk 200hr game is not. That makes since?

I intentionally spelled your name wrong, libellule.

Carazo - 3 posts and your saying BD is worse than ES, yet haven't posted in either thread about the game? WTF?

Yea right mrstickball. Depends on how the game is long or not. and Lost Odyssey will be a long game.

"I intentionally spelled your name wrong, libellule."

huh, seriously ?
I dont remember having problem with you in the past !
(just today in 1 thread lol)
does "lil bluebell" means something special ?
or did you want to see if I will be able to reconnize myself in this modifiate name because, you thought, I felt guilty of fanboyism lol ?

Time to Work !

Danm this is great. Blue dragon took me 40+ hours to beat so this must have a massive story to take up 4 disk. For those curious the extra disk is for the story not the gameplay, maps or items unless they say otherwise. I personally wasn't excited about this game since ALL my excitement is on Mass Effect but man come February I don't see how I can pass this game up as an RPG fanatic. 2008 is slowly but surely becoming another expensive year for me lol.

It shows the difference in Eastern and Western Development. Japanese developers still seem to be reliant on CGI. I know that after playing Blue Dragon for 30hours I am wondering why. Most of the CGI is near indiscernible form the in game cut scenes. I am on disk 2 by the way.

Why would this be an issue? What matters is how often you swap discs - and if its every 10hrs or so, meh - big deal!

People swap discs anyway to play different games.

And if they REALLY wanted, they could have a system to preload *all* the discs to the hard disk - although that would be a mighty waste of space!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099