By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lost Odyssey to be featured on 4 DVDs!

http://360.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=11367

If you thought 3 was too many....Lost Odyssey is now officially 33% better than Blue Dragon.

Now, before we get lil bluebell in here, and Leo-J, theres one simple reason: cutscenes. We still don't need Blu-Ray or HD-DVDs, as the game probably coulda fit on 1 DVD if it wasn't for the 720p cutscenes.

Now, when we pay $60 for LO, we'll definately be getting our money's worth :)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

OMG!!!!! (The G means Gosh) are you serious. This game is going to be huge. I haven't even played Blue Dragon or Eternal Sonata yet.

I'm not complaining the developers have to do what they got to do. To bring out those big games. And using 4 discs for me is not a problem. I know for sure Nintendo fanboys and Sony fansboys are going to light this thread up. So mrstickball be ready.

Nonetheless, if it were on one optical disk it would be convenient.
Good for LO though, I guess nobody can say it will be short

The actual gametime is 40-50hrs long, according to Mistwaker/Sakaguchi.

For comparison, Blue Dragon was 30-ish, according to Mistwaker (however, in real life, it was much closer to 60).

So we could see, with sidequests and such, a 80-100hr game.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

lil bluebell

==> I like the way you are referring to me
my login is "libellule", not "lil bluebell"

when I think you are a mod ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Does the length that much matter? Blue Dragon is a 50+ hours game and Eternal Sonata which is about 30 hours is a much better game…

I hope that you still can visit most of the city’s that you did visit in in disc 1 in disc 4. One thing that I did hate about Tales of Symphonia and Final Fantasy IX is that you couldn’t visit some of the city’s and temples anymore in the last disk.

want this game so bad

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Whoa, that's a crapload of cutscenes allright. o_O

Speaking of cutscenes, I still have my 4-CD copy of Wing Commander 3. Loved the game, although the obligatory few minutes of FMV between every single mission, focus on characters rather than big wars in storytelling, and non-stop drama made it feel like a Japanese game. =P

Not a big deal. I have been playing Blue Dragon and if you are on Disc 2 or 3 you don't even need disc 1. You can just start from whatever disc you are currently on. Very well handled and I assume LO will be the same. Every 20 or so hours I get up and flip a disc. Blu-ray would give me no reason to exercise!

libellule said:

lil bluebell

==> I like the way you are referring to me
my login is "libellule", not "lil bluebell"

when I think you are a mod ...

He misspelled your username?? That's libel!

...lule.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick