By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Recommend me a WiiWare game

sethnintendo said:
Wild West Guns , a little repetitive but if you like Duck Hunt type games it is pretty fun. Also, is pretty fun if you have a friend that enjoys the same thing because it is co-op. Midnight Pool is a decent pool WW game also. It is pretty much like the pool in Wii Play but more in depth (also has actual styles of play like 8-ball / 9-ball). It has 2 player mode also. Those games would last longer than 3 hour LostWinds.

Thanks buddy, not too much of a fan of duck hunt like games there are too many of them already on wii, but the midnight pool interests me! Are the controls intuitive/consistent?

Around the Network

SECRET OF MANA!!!!!!!!

More than 20 hours of pure fun and joy.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
SECRET OF MANA!!!!!!!!

That's Virtual Console, not WiiWare.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

blunty51 said:
sethnintendo said:
Wild West Guns , a little repetitive but if you like Duck Hunt type games it is pretty fun. Also, is pretty fun if you have a friend that enjoys the same thing because it is co-op. Midnight Pool is a decent pool WW game also. It is pretty much like the pool in Wii Play but more in depth (also has actual styles of play like 8-ball / 9-ball). It has 2 player mode also. Those games would last longer than 3 hour LostWinds.

Thanks buddy, not too much of a fan of duck hunt like games there are too many of them already on wii, but he midnight pool interests me! Are the controls intuitive/consistant?

Yea, the controls are pretty nicely done.  It takes a little getting used to at first but once you get them down they are easy.  You can even hit under the ball / make the ball pop up for trickshots , etc..  Here is a link to a review, just click on the review on that page.  http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/games/wiiware/midnight_pool    (Just realized they review Wii and DS games now)     That website is very excellent for reviewing WW / VC games.  I think it used to be called vc-reviews but now they are Nintendolife.  Plus, it has a decent amount of users that comment a lot on most games.  So if you are unsure about a review score you can always check out what other users thought of the game.

If you do decide to get this game it is easier to play the game zoomed all the way out since you see the angles better.  It might not look as nice zoomed out but it is easier to make most if not all the shots rather than playing in the 3D zoomed in view.

theRepublic said:
Faxanadu said:
SECRET OF MANA!!!!!!!!

See, I dont care. Its a downloadable game for the Wii and you get it by spending points.

And it is leagues better than anything on WiiWare. And it is cheaper.

Why not tell him where the good stuff is found?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
theRepublic said:
Faxanadu said:
SECRET OF MANA!!!!!!!!

See, I dont care. Its a downloadable game for the Wii and you get it by spending points.

And it is leagues better than anything on WiiWare. And it is cheaper.

Why not tell him where the good stuff is found?

Tis ok, played it out already in its time tho :)

I would really recommend MM9 (avatar aside.)

This game is well worth the money and one of the best challenges you can get in this video game era.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
sethnintendo said:
blunty51 said:
sethnintendo said:

Thanks buddy, not too much of a fan of duck hunt like games there are too many of them already on wii, but he midnight pool interests me! Are the controls intuitive/consistant?

Yea, the controls are pretty nicely done.  It takes a little getting used to at first but once you get them down they are easy.  You can even hit under the ball / make the ball pop up for trickshots , etc..  Here is a link to a review, just click on the review on that page.  http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/games/wiiware/midnight_pool         That website is very excellent for reviewing WW / VC games.  I think it used to be called vc-reviews but now they are Nintendolife.  Plus, it has a decent amount of users that comment a lot on most games.  So if you are unsure about a review score you can always check out what other users thought of the game.

If you do decide to get this game it is easier to play the game zoomed all the way out since you see the angles better.  It might not look as nice zoomed out but it is easier to make most if not all the shots rather than playing in the 3D zoomed in view.

That's good to know thanks for the advice.

I have also played TikiTowers-- fun game, not nearly as good as World of Goo, but it has some fun ideas such as bannamana and using magic spells to try to stop evil monkey's.  I found it a little repetative toward the end-- but by that point I had played it for about 5 or 6 hours (I was going for medals on some of the earlier levels before I beat the game), so I believe it is well worth the 500 points.

I think Tetris is a great steal at 1200 points-- so many modes and online multiplayer.  However, it is tetris and it has been around forever.  If you enjoy puzzle games, Dr. Mario is fun.

Some other recomendations:  Art Style: Orbient and Lost Winds (this game is only about 3 hours, but after a hard day at school/work I find playing this game for 15-20 minutes is a great way to unwind-- this game is very relaxing and very well done).  Bomberman is fun as well.

Megaman 9-- If you are looking for a challenge, this is it (I also think it is better than the other megaman games-- just don't buy any of the DLC-- most of it is a ripoff).

I see some others mentioned the Cool Bad games-- I personally did not like them, but if you are a fan of the online comics then you can't go wrong with this.

I love Dr. Mario. Even though I haven't gotten the WW version it looks pretty decent. It also has online play.