By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Recommend me a WiiWare game

Orbient for sure. Never has a game so simple been so addictive and fun.

Uses only 2 buttons but can be challenging.

Around the Network

Crystal Defenders R1 is pretty fun and addictive although very simple.

i played tiki towers. it's sort of like world of goo, which it's structure building, but the structures in tiki towers are more realistic [like strands will break from too much pressure, ect] it's got 20 levels in it [ the first few are amazingly short, while the later ones will take upwords of 30 minutes to play through]. once you beat the game, you're only real option is replaying the levels for highscores. [you get medels for the levels, though. you could try shooting for gold medals in all the levels].

in my opinion, tiki towers isn't as good as world of goo, but it's worth the 500 wiipoints.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Lost Winds is great. Very beautiful music, and art. It has some pretty cool intuitive platforming, and puzzles too. Controlling the winds by IR pointer works fantastic. It is a little on the short side but I'd say 3 hours is alright  for a 9$ game.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

Gradius: Rebirth. It's good, just don't pay attention to Dr. Venom and skip the second deployment.

*Gratuitous falme-bait signature that mocks two or more consoles while praising another*

Around the Network
blunty51 said:

My life as a king sounded interesting but the sim aspect didn't really grab me.

I nearly bought onslaught but i think it's one of those 'high score' multiplayer games?

The Art style series looks good but it looked again like one of those kinda high score games.

Has anyone tried LIT? this was my best bet so far....and probably tiki towers..

Also, what genre would you all classify the strongbad games?

Thanks for the help so far

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you.

I tried LiT and it was interesting, but I've heard it tops off at the 2-3 hour mark. That's also why I didn't recommend Lost Winds to you. Well, that, and I honestly thought it was pretty dull (it felt like the intro to a game, rather than a game itself).

The Strongbad games are point-n-clicks. Have you played Sam and Max? It's from the same people. I enjoyed the two that I played, and I hear they get better as time goes on, but again, they end after 2-3 hours.

Well i suppose for a wiiware game i can't really expect much hours out of it, so I can live with that.

@famousringo & ryudo
Thanks for narrowing it down i was wondering which one would have been better suited - orbient it is

@vonboy
Finally some feedback on tiki towers......doesn't sound bad at all i think i would buy that for sure, anything that resembles world of goo is mine. And for 500 points it sounds like a steal. Thanks again.

@fossil
how would u rate gradius out of 10?

@noname
No scene. I liked the concept of LIT and aside from it's length and some design issues i heard it's a pretty good game. I haven't played sam and max, but would you say it's kind of king's quest-ish?

ive been hoarding 3200 points for a few months now...and haven't been able to make a decision either.  there are soo many choices, and tryin to cherry pick isn't easy.  been lookin at gradius and cubello though recently.

so far, i just have the new Tetris game (which is actually awesome for the online matches), Mega Man 9 and then super mario2 lost lvls for vc.

was thinkin of zelda link to the past as ive never played that one.  /shrug  GL on snaggin some gems fer yerself.

Wild West Guns , a little repetitive but if you like Duck Hunt type games it is pretty fun. Also, is pretty fun if you have a friend that enjoys the same thing because it is co-op. Midnight Pool is a decent pool WW game also. It is pretty much like the pool in Wii Play but more in depth (also has actual styles of play like 8-ball / 9-ball). It has 2 player mode also. Those games would last longer than 3 hour LostWinds.

@kwaidd

yea i've been hoarding some......wait wait wait.....is that you with Hetfield there??? If it is, I can't help but hate you >8^b....lucky bastard.

so anyway I've been hoarding like 4500 points now and I';m just trying to make sure I make the best decision with this...hopefully this thread can help u as well!
And uhh, I'm going to have to go ahead and say that you're missing half your life by not playing LTTP....of course it'll never be the same if you play it now as opposed to it's 'time'.