By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Atari pull out of E3

Atari pulls out of E3, current plans in question

Atari has pulled out of E3, a mere three weeks before the must-attend mega-event is set to kick off. When contacted for comment, the company told Joystiq that it was a "proactive decision to attend but not exhibit at this year's E3 event." Although the publisher feels E3 benefits the industry, it is currently focused on "other selling and marketing initiatives" for Ghostbusters, Champions Online and "other to be announced titles." It sounds to us like someone is out of cash, which is the word on the street (and might explain Ghostbusters' surprise exclusivity in Europe).

We contacted the ESA, which runs E3 and still has Atari listed as an exhibitor, to see if the organization had received a check from Atari for the space on the show floor and meeting room -- the ESA referred all media calls to Atari. We contacted Atari and asked several direct questions regarding its E3 status -- and whether it has paid for the space it reserved. A company representative could only confirm that it will not attend the show and did not have any press events planned for LA during E3. We've been told that we should expect a more detailed answer sometime soon.
 http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/12/atari-pulls-out-of-e3-current-plans-in-question/

Around the Network

poor atari, pun intended.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

^ Hows that a pun?

Tease.

Finnbar said:
poor atari, pun intended.

Win

Squilliam said:
^ Hows that a pun?

The two meanings of the word poor.

Around the Network

so I guess we wont be getting a Jaguar 2 ... :(

Yeah, I really was hoping for a Jaguar 2 as well since I have a spare Atari Jaguar controller for no reason at all.

I REALLY WANTED TO SEE WHAT THEY HAD UP THEIR SLEEVES

sry for caps

This is how they shock you... they say they're not coming.. then BAM!! at the end of the show they announce a new system!!!

Or they just don't have much to show...

4 ≈ One

Doesn't Atari own the rights to Civ?? I have Civ 3 Conquest and it is by Atari... Didn't they buy out whatever company...