By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Million Seller Games Thread

GT5 is not guaranteed 10 million, though I think it will be roughly around that figure I can't say for certain it will pass it, but there is no way it will fail to do 5 million.... 7million+ is basically a given (if it fails to make 7 mill then it is a huge flop)

As for a portable GT, that has almost no chance of 10 million... but it probably could do 5 million.

Around the Network

People put to much on the GT series... 120-130 million people own PS2s. Alot of those GT3s and GT4s were picked up at 20 dollars. When you look at the the massive diffrence in user base you just can't help but laugh at people who think the game is going to do 10 million. You're talking about probably a little less 1/5th install base if the PS3 follows a logical trend.

I don't see why some fanboys expect miracles from GT5? GT5 Prologue never had to compete with the previous series so the numbers are inflated by the desperate people who need their GT fix.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

To be fair, GT4 released with a userbase of 80 million Ps2s. This is roughly 2 and a half year after GT3 released. Is there any chance that GT3 would continue to sell now? No, I really doubt that. So, the fact that the Ps2 userbase eventually reached 120M is irrelevant.

By the time its first year of sales was over, the Ps2 was only at 30M. So essentially, I'd believe that at least 1/3 (5M) of GT3s sales were actually on a 15-30M userbase. Now, I'm not saying that GT5 will repeat GT3's success to the same extent (far from it), but the argument that the Ps2 had a far larger userbase is actually rather flawed here, as it didn't.

When I write Fact: in one part of the post, and opinion: (or a similar word), it's not because I can then say "my opinion can't be wrong". It is to inform what part is pure facts, and which part I try to draw a conclusion in.

Pep squad? ......Montana, his argument made more sense to me than yours did, simple and plain. You come off real condescending when you do stuff like that, and it isn't the first time.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
Pep squad? ......Montana, his argument made more sense to me than yours did, simple and plain. You come off real condescending when you do stuff like that, and it isn't the first time.

Except his arguments were terrible because he argued a bunch of stuff I never said, and you claimed that he got me without even allowing me to respond to it first. I don't appreciate that. I'm sorry if I came off as condescending and rude, that's usually the last thing I try to be. But don't say things like that until you've seen what both sides offer, especially since my arguments actually made sense and I was arguing against what Atma actually said, not things that someone else said.

MontanaHatchet said:
SaviorX said:

Except his arguments were terrible because he argued a bunch of stuff I never said, and you claimed that he got me without even allowing me to respond to it first. I don't appreciate that. I'm sorry if I came off as condescending and rude, that's usually the last thing I try to be. But don't say things like that until you've seen what both sides offer, especially since my arguments actually made sense and I was arguing against what Atma actually said, not things that someone else said.

Could it be possible that he thinks my arguments are better? Just asking...

Pro log only did well cause "THERE WAS No OTHER DECENT RACING GAME OUT"!!!  Sony will pack it in and sell it seperate to get the numbers they need "BADLY"  For there fans of, not core of.  GT5 looks great but I dont like Bumper cars.

mightyERone said:

Pro log only did well cause "THERE WAS No OTHER DECENT RACING GAME OUT"!!!  Sony will pack it in and sell it seperate to get the numbers they need "BADLY"  For there fans of, not core of.  GT5 looks great but I dont like Bumper cars.

What is "Pro log"?

Also, how is GT5 a Bumper car game?

Yay, an argument over GT5 in a thread about the current amount of million sellers on each platform. How on-topic we are today.

I'm actually wondering who has the most million sellers at the same point in each consoles' lifetime.