By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Million Seller Games Thread

mibuokami said:
@atma998, what do you think of the chances of NFS: Shift of reaching 1 million by year end on the PS3? From the initial sale I had written it off completely but it has had very small drop off for the first 4 weeks of sale and is now sitting on 660,000.... With the holiday coming up, a boost is a certainty and with no other racing game on the PS3 similiar to it coming out until next year it should be the 'choice' for any racing fan (the 360 will have Forza which should cut into NFS: Shift sale).

Sure, the game have good legs and the Christmas boost will probably push it over a million before the end of the year. My guess is it will be tight but it will reach it.

Around the Network
atma998 said:
mibuokami said:
@atma998, what do you think of the chances of NFS: Shift of reaching 1 million by year end on the PS3? From the initial sale I had written it off completely but it has had very small drop off for the first 4 weeks of sale and is now sitting on 660,000.... With the holiday coming up, a boost is a certainty and with no other racing game on the PS3 similiar to it coming out until next year it should be the 'choice' for any racing fan (the 360 will have Forza which should cut into NFS: Shift sale).

Sure, the game have good legs and the Christmas boost will probably push it over a million before the end of the year. My guess is it will be tight but it will reach it.

Ha! Ironic because I'm actually being pessimistic this time around, even with its recent success I thought it would fall just a bit short. But yea I'm really suprise at its low drop off, and its not worth debating a 2cm line that we're on either side of.

mibuokami said:
atma998 said:
mibuokami said:

Ha! Ironic because I'm actually being pessimistic this time around, even with its recent success I thought it would fall just a bit short. But yea I'm really suprise at its low drop off, and its not worth debating a 2cm line that we're on either side of.

Yeah that's the spirit!

getrdone said:
@darthdevidem01
I did not expect it to sale this well but sony did a lot better of a job advertising uncharted 2.

lol none of us did!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Next week probability for PS3...

1M Uncharted 2
2M Killzone 2

I like this thread.

Around the Network

Update : I added Killzone 2 to the 2 million sellers and Guitar Hero: On Tour Decades (DS), Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days to the 1 million sellers.

Wow, great numbers all around, PS3 will be getting another million hit with Uncharted 2, and X360 saw one with Halo:ODST. Will be interesting how the holiday season changes this list until New Years.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

* PS3: Killzone 2 hit 2 million.
* 360: The Simpsons Game hit million.
* Wii: Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour hit million.

Next week is more interesting with inFAMOUS and Uncharted 2 hit million on PS3.

ethomaz said:

* PS3: Killzone 2 hit 2 million.
* 360: The Simpsons Game hit million.
* Wii: Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour hit million.

Next week is more interesting with inFAMOUS and Uncharted 2 hit million on PS3.

The Simpons Game (X360) didnt reached 1 million yet. It is now at 991,872 and it sold 842 units last week. Give the game 7-8 weeks again before it reach the million mark.

Hannah Montana : Spotlight World Tour will hit the million next week (currently at 999,640).

As for InFamous, it won't reach the million next week but rather in 3-4 weeks from now (currently at 943,717 and sold 14,679 last week).

@atma998

How do you know that The Simpons Game (X360) sold 991,872 for exemple??? In the game page display 1 million.