By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Million Seller Games Thread

Love this thread.

Around the Network
bonkers555 said:
Love this thread.

thanks.

Update : added Wii Sports Resort to the 5 million section, added EA Sports Active to the 2 million section and added FIFA Soccer 10 (PS3) and Game Party 2 to the 1 million section.

wow FIFA 10 was great

we have our arguments atma, but this is a very well made thread!

keep it up!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

getrdone said:
atma998 said:
getrdone said:

PS3 million sellers by the end of 2009

Definite
Midnight Club: LA, Uncharted 2, Batman: AA, FIFA 2010, Tekken 6, Ratchet & Clank, PES 2010, Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Madden NFL 10, inFamous, Need For Speed: Shift, FFXIII

Maybe million sellers
Dirt 2, Rock Band Bettles, Fight Night 4, Guitar Hero 5, Socom, Marvel: UA2.

If GT 5 is release this year then its a million seller.

I may have missed some titles. Discuss
I can do a Xbox 360 million seller if you guys want one but I dont really follow Wii so ill pass on that one.

Midnight Club : LA is at 932k and is selling about 1k/week - won't reach 1 million by the end of 2009.

Uncharted 2 must sell 1 million in 10 weeks to do it. Uncharted reached 1.05 million in 10 weeks but was bundled so I'm not too sure about this one. The Christmas boost could help.

Tekken 6 have very little chance to reach 1 million in 2009. Just take a look at Tekken 5 sales on PS2 and you will understand why.

Ratchet & Clank won't reach 1 million either in 2009 (8 weeks of sales) judging by its predecessor sales.

I really don't know about Need for Speed : Shift, it will depend on its first week sales. Let's wait and see. But it could definitely do it if its sales are similar to Pro Street or Undercover.

Dirt 2 won't do it.

Rock Band Beatles and Guitar Hero 5 could do it thanks to Christmas boost. I call a 50/50 on those two (will be very close if they don't reach the 1 million mark).

Fight Night Round 4 is very unlikely - currently at 680k and selling 11k/week.

SOCOM is at 880k and is selling 4-4.5k/week - won't reach it.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 doesnt stand a chance. The first one only sold 300k LTD in NA.

Midnight Club: LA (The complete edition is coming out next week in NA and should get a boost, and holiday should help 2.  But I meant to put it in the maybe so thats my fault.)

Uncharted 2 will sell a million before the end of 2009.(Uncharted 1 was a new franchise and sony did a poor job advertising it. Uncharted 2 probably have over 400k first week.  NA=175k, Others=200k, Japan=40k

Tekken 6 will be with the holiday boost and with the help of Japan.

Ratchet & Clank is a gamble

Need for speed shift will be low in America but for some reason need for speeds sell very will in europe.

Fight Night Round 4 did 20k last week and sport games sell very well during the holidays

Socom, GH 5, RB beattles, dirt 2 are just maybes. i real dont expect them to make it this year but next year yes.

actually Uncharted 2 will/may sell over 1 million week 1

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5572

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Thanks darth

infamous should be there before years end

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Fame_Mcswagg said:
infamous should be there before years end

Yes indeed! Give the game again 4-5 weeks and the million will be reached.

@darthdevidem01
I did not expect it to sale this well but sony did a lot better of a job advertising uncharted 2.

PSN ID: getrdone25

@atma998, what do you think of the chances of NFS: Shift of reaching 1 million by year end on the PS3? From the initial sale I had written it off completely but it has had very small drop off for the first 4 weeks of sale and is now sitting on 660,000.... With the holiday coming up, a boost is a certainty and with no other racing game on the PS3 similiar to it coming out until next year it should be the 'choice' for any racing fan (the 360 will have Forza which should cut into NFS: Shift sale).