By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we finally lay this to rest please?

Huh. I've always seen the "Shooterbox" name to mean that shooters will always sell really well on the Xbox, not that those are the only games that sell well. Did I misinterpret the slur?

Around the Network

You should count multiplats. Call of Duty's sell huge, and theres rainbow six, ghost recon, and more.

Why are you ignoring me? Is my math that horrible :( ?

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

krimoz911 said:
Why are you ignoring me? Is my math that horrible :( ?

If the 360 had 2 FPS games that both sold 10 million each, and 8 other games (driving, sim, adventure ect)

and the PS3 had 8 FPS games that sold 500k each and 2 other games ....

Shootbox or shootstation?

let's settle it, both consoles are for shooters.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@coolestguyever

they sell huge on both.... wouldnt change a thing

you've said multiple times that the multiplatform won't change a thing, or make it worse for PS3. Well isn't that what you are trying to prove anyways? I just find cutting out 50% of the market skews the results either one way or the other. Like I said, I don't care what people think of the consoles, as I'll enjoy what I play anyways.

Expand the table to the top 30 then and include multiplatform games sounds like a good solution to me.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

How can anyone take this thread serious. I agree with the title, tho. Don't ya think everybody has had enough of these boring debates by now!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

seece said:
DingoEgret said:
seece said:
DingoEgret said:

metal gear solid 4 is not a shooter,is a stealth action game

this thread fails

How exactly does this thread fail based on one point you pointed out?

look at the other points,ratchet and clank was being considered a shooter but the op fixed

1 out of 3 360 owners has a copy of halo3,gears 1/2 sold more than 9 millions copies,wow the 360 install base really like SHOOTERS

mgs4 has to be considered "shooter" to help prove that the ps3 is a shooter console

yes this thread fails

First of all putting FPS next to Ratchet was the OPs mistake .. that point is null .. he corrected it.

Just because a lot of 360 owners buy shooters doesn't mean its a shooter box. You're missing the point completely. It would be a shootbox if 10/20 games on that list were shooters but they're not. Shooters just happen to sell well on the 360 because they're pretty good.

Even without MGS listed as a shooter the PS3 is still ahead in shooters.

P.S you have only been here for five minutes and you're posting useless crap such as "post fails" without contribuiting. First impressions and all that .......

killzone 2 is a good game and only managed to sell 1.5 millions,so your logic fails

360 is considered a shooter console because these kind of games sells above expectations,there is nothing you can do to change this fact

ps:the 360 biggest masterpiece is a shooter,can you say the same about the ps3

Use power for the right things. At least for the things that you believe in.

ratchet is definitely a shooter.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

@secce

both

edit: I think you mean if 8 fps on ps3 sold 2.5m each , then they would be the same (if they both had equal numbers of consoles sold that is).

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite