By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How important is it to you PS3 beats 360 in console sales war?

Please answer my question. My username, threads and posts obviously tells you who I want to win this generation.

**In the last 3 or 4 weeks the PS3 has had a huge boost in sales momentum due to the introduction of the PS3 Slim at the ridiculously low retail price of $299. September sales for PS3 will see the PS3 sell around 1.5 million consoles worldwide and outsell the XBox 360 by around 800k units for one month. The last three months of 2009 could see the PS3 outsell the XBox 360 by around 3 million, which would close the gap between the PS3 and 360 down below 5 million units in life time sales.

The PS3 has huge list of games on the way which will further boost PS3 sales and claw back the gap on the 360 and hopefully see PS3 overtake the 360 in the near future. Gran turismo 5, FFXIII in Japan, God of War 3, Uncharted 2, the PS3 has some huge console selling titles which will push the PS3 sales well into 2010 and beyond.

**Edited expanded opening thread

Around the Network

Umm, a little. MS is a horrible company with far more instances of "harming the little guy" than Sony. Neither are "clean," but MS's business model really is as dirty as it gets and I'd like them to kindly go **** themselves for destroying as many lives as they have on the path to ****ing the consumer without competition.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Could not care less, but i hate crap quality products so MS "losing" would be better.

Not at all, though I agree with the post ^ directly above me.
Im still gona get great games anyway

I don't really care if the Ps3 wins or not I just don't want $ony to pull out and let M$ monopolize the gaming industry with their billions.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

Not important at all. This effects me in no way what-so-ever and it doesn't effect you either.

BTW, why would you need to answer later in the thread? I'm pretty sure your name says how important it is to you, not to mention every thread and posting you have on this site is geared towards that end.

twingo said:
Could not care less, but i hate crap quality products so MS "losing" would be better.

Exactly my point if there was no PS3 this gen hardcore gamers would be forced to buy the 360 and deal with its hardware issues although the problems have decreased but they still exist.  And the Monoply would start.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Bullet100000 said:
I don't really care if the Ps3 wins or not I just don't want $ony to pull out and let M$ monopolize the gaming industry with their billions.

Ohh dont worry some one would take their place, Apple Samsung LG........ or even some European company.

*yawn* I don't care. MS made a good product (although there were some difficulties in manufacturing, which they admitted to after .. a bit too long time).

Personally I had/have fun with the PS3 and it's installbase/market share is good enough to hope for more good games comming, so I don't see an imperative necessity for the PS3 to beat the 360.

to me its not important at all who wins. Though at this point I think we see things just how they'll end this gen

Wii
PS3

but hey, anything can happen.