By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdom Hearts Compilation Begins with new PSP,DS and Cell games...

To organize this clearer:

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP): This game deals with the distant past in the world of KH. It follows the characters Terra, Aqua, and Venn. For the original trailer of this game, look here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8wtQ_72JwIE

These are supposedly scans of this game, though many of us were confused in the topic in which they were posted due to the fact that they are 4:3... which the PSP does not run http://hachikaze.ddo.jp/bbs/up2/src/up0028.jpg_DIgtxAfeFFJQ7Nmevlxx/up0028.jpg

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (DS): Pronounced 3,5,8 Days Over 2 (a name which is promised to make sense when you play the game) this game appears to be concerning the time Mickey spent in the World of Darkness, and the life of Roxas during this time.  IGN claims the game has a darker thematic than previous KH games. It appears to support a 4 player mode where players use members of Organization XIII and Mickey.

I'd list organized info about the cell phone game, but no one cares. Oh btw, is it just me or did leo-j actually use the phrase "main spinoff" in order to try and make the PSP game bigger news than the DS game? That's an SDF worthy statement right there.

Around the Network

I must admit that S-E's obsession with Cell Phone games is a little disappointing as it really isolates the western market and Kingdom Hearts is quite big in the US....

I really don't understand the logic behind that decision. I can understand Japan centric games going to Cell Phone for a quick profit but KH is not a Japan centric game. I think they are taking this spreading the love to the extreme and it is resulting in a loss of interest in their franchises.

OMG a Kingdom Hearts game and no Soriku! Where's this world headed!?

routsounmanman said:
OMG a Kingdom Hearts game and no Soriku! Where's this world headed!?

I don't know.  He seemed to be really looking forward to Birth by Sleep, so maybe he's upset it's not on a system he owns.  Kind of like leo-j attempting to make the PSP game the bigger one by calling it the "main spinoff" haha.  Those two crack me up.

^^ Yeah totally ^_^

Around the Network

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's just past Soriku's bedtime.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
I don't understand how this turned into a war. DS and PSP got KH games, it's spread out. Only fanboys are trying to claim that they "won" or that one game is "bigger" than the other. They're all spinoffs and the most important KH to come will be KH3. If anyone lost it's all of us here, because my prediction about the cellphone game came true and we'll most likely NEVER get to play it. Seriously, how many people are still waiting on Before Crisis?

Either way, I'm getting both games.

QFT

Two new Kingdom Hearts games that exapnds Roxas', Mickey's and The Khights' story. How could a Kingdom Hearts fan not be excited. Too bad about the cell phone game. Just need to buy a PSP and I'm set. 

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

I say the big KH game will be on PS3, not on the Wii. It's plain to see that Square/Enix is still unwilling to really support Nintendo. Even the remakes for DS sell like crazy, but what does Nintendo get? Half assed Final Chocobo Swords Quest spinoffs.

Two reasons I can think of:
1. There's a long term agreement with Sony
2. They are still so deeply pissed off, Yamauchi must have said something unspeakably insulting about their mom.

Luckily I don't care for SE's bazillion of turn based fantasy kitsch games, but from a strategic point of view, it's annoying.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

SE has been pretty much ignoring the Wii so far, but the developer migration has only recently started picking up speed, and the company hasn't announced that many big games lately.

They just did a bunch of handheld KH announcements, and they'll probably announce the next wave of home console games for the franchise sooner or later. It's still possible they'll be stupid and continue ignoring the market leader, but I doubt it.

SO

KH 3 still remains to be taken

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million