By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Two Punch-Out!! reviews out so far.

The gameplay looks real similar to the original punch-outs, so I doubt reviews are going to have TOO much effect on sales. If it were to really bomb in reviews, then MAYBE, but it doesn't look like thats the case.

People who loved the original punch-out will buy this game. And, really, thats who its for.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Captendo said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Official nintendo magazine and nintendo power, hmm. I am guessing that when this will get reviews from non-nintendo sites, the scores will take a deep dive.

Could you just stop trolling already?

Maybe you should go and play a relaxing round of wii fit. You might need it.

And what exactly is that supposed to mean?

Uh, you need to relax? What else could it mean?

I think you need to stop posting to me before I start reporting your shit.

Why do you bother to reply to him?

He's just a troll with some serious problem in his life so he tries to act as the bad and cool guy here. Ignore him and we'll keep having a very interesting discussion, don't you think?

I dunno, I'm just tired of him still being around when he should've been banned a long time ago :x

But yeah, alright, nevermind him. Have you seen the Punch-Out!! live-action commercials?

Yeah, I did.

They were both awesome and almost made me cry. I love Punch-Out.

And Doc Louis is incredibly similar.

Captendo said:
Yeah, I did.

They were both awesome and almost made me cry. I love Punch-Out.

And Doc Louis is incredibly similar.

Haha yeah, they're really incredible :D Can't wait to see if they've got more of those coming up.

For those who don't know, Nintendo Power in the US has a lower average review ratio than 1UP or IGN.

So it is very possible the review scores will do fairly well. Until some strange site trashes the game and the low number of review scores works against it.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

The only thing I wanna know about the game is if the additional modes add a lot of replay value to the game.

If you look at Super Punch Out!! it's a 30-40 minutes game when you know how the fighters behave but the time attack adds a lot to the game. I really hope they have plenty of additional stuff to do besides the main game.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
The only thing I wanna know about the game is if the additional modes add a lot of replay value to the game.

If you look at Super Punch Out!! it's a 30-40 minutes game when you know how the fighters behave but the time attack adds a lot to the game. I really hope they have plenty of additional stuff to do besides the main game.

There's unlockables, challenges (including but not limited to time attacks), multiplayer, Title Defense mode, and even more secrets that nobody can legally ruin until May 18th.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
TruckOSaurus said:

There's unlockables, challenges (including but not limited to time attacks), multiplayer, Title Defense mode, and even more secrets that nobody can legally ruin until May 18th.

Sounds promising indeed. One more week to go!

Signature goes here!

Title Defense mode is what convinced me to buy this game. I don't care much for time attack, or multiplayer, but Title Defense means there will be at least 32 fights, even if half of them are just modified versions of the original fight.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Well, as long as the review scores are above a certain threshold. What only matters is how they market the game.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Esa-Petteri said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Official nintendo magazine and nintendo power, hmm. I am guessing that when this will get reviews from non-nintendo sites, the scores will take a deep dive.

Could you just stop trolling already?

Maybe you should go and play a relaxing round of wii fit. You might need it.

hahahaha, post of the day my friend