By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Two Punch-Out!! reviews out so far.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:

Thing is, if I love a game and it gets trashed by reviewers, the sales will likely suffer, and if the sales suffer, the developer suffers. I don't want developers of a game I love to suffer. See my reasoning?

I was once like you :p Then, God Hand came out and I realize that the industry is ruled by standards I don't understand.

Both me and the industry continued our lives with a perfect relation... I don't care about them and they don't care about me :)

Around the Network
Dazkarieh said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

Thing is, if I love a game and it gets trashed by reviewers, the sales will likely suffer, and if the sales suffer, the developer suffers. I don't want developers of a game I love to suffer. See my reasoning?

I was once like you :p Then, God Hand came out and I realize that the industry is ruled by standards I don't understand.

Both me and the industry continued our lives with a perfect relation... I don't care about them and they don't care about me :)

... I can see not caring about reviews, I largely don't either, but you're basically saying I care way too much about reviews because I don't want games I like to be reviewed poorly.

I think it will be a great game. The reviews are irrelevant at this point.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:

... I can see not caring about reviews, I largely don't either, but you're basically saying I care way too much about reviews because I don't want games I like to be reviewed poorly.

That's not what I meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding. All I'm saying is that the only important thing should be if you like it or not, and not if it's globally accepted as being what you think of it.

Dazkarieh said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

That's not what I meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding. All I'm saying is that the only important thing should be if you like it or not, and not if it's globally accepted as being what you think of it.

Well, yeah, of course :) I just generally think it's a shame when good games get bashed by reviewers for reasons unknown (God Hand being one of said games). When evaluating a game, I always focus on my own opinion. As I've specified earlier, though, I just hope the games I like get the attention they deserve, too ^^

Around the Network

IGN are a bunch of turds and don't know what they want. They wanted punch-out, got punch-out and now hate punch-out.

Anyways, I can't wait, only 2 more weeks til I get my copy. The free shipping from amazon is slow :'(

EDIT: oh, and IGN will probably only play half way through the game and score it without playing the defend your champoinship mode.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I'll buy it on the 20th, here in Italy we have a chain store called Mediaworld which brokes the street date and sells Nintendo published games two days before! And by the way, I'd like to say that looking at the reviews doesn't mean to care what they say: sometimes, it's useful just to know how the videogaming press behaves regarding to a team, to a genre, to a publisher. It's all about experience of the WHOLE videogaming world you gain this way.

What sucks for me is that my birthday is the 26th, so instead of just going and buying it the 22nd I'll probably have to wait until 26th so my family has something to buy for my birthday, lol :P Oh well, 4 days shouldn't be so bad :)

Official nintendo magazine and nintendo power, hmm. I am guessing that when this will get reviews from non-nintendo sites, the scores will take a deep dive.

Esa-Petteri said:
Official nintendo magazine and nintendo power, hmm. I am guessing that when this will get reviews from non-nintendo sites, the scores will take a deep dive.

Could you just stop trolling already?