By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Hype-o-meter (Franchise hype ranking)

I concocted a list of Nintendo franchises with a "hype-ranking", to show just about how much hype each Nintendo franchise will recieve on the internet. Please note that having more hype than another franchise does not guarantee higher sales.

Hype Rank 1
- These are games that pretty much anyone will get hyped about, and the internet explodes everytime some new info about said games arrives.

Hype Rank 1 Franchises (Higher on the list = Higher amount of hype)

1. Zelda
2. Super Smash Bros.
3. Mario
4. Mario Kart
5. Pokémon

Hype Rank 2 - These are games that a fair amount of people will get hyped up for, and info will often be appreciated. Mostly somewhat recognizable franchises.

Hype Rank 2 Franchises

1. Metroid
2. Kirby
3. Animal Crossing
4. Star Fox
5. Punch-Out!! (Could be higher, but it just got revived, so...)
6. Paper Mario
7. Mario & Luigi
8. Pikmin
9. Golden Sun
10. F-Zero
11. Mario Sports
12. Mario Party

Hype Rank 3 - These are franchises that have extremely dedicated fanbases that will continuously hype up the next game in the series. Often consists of roughly the same people, most of the time

Hype Rank 3 Franchises

1. Mother (Though I'm unsure if this should be on the list considering the series has been officially ended according to it's creator)
2. Fire Emblem
3. Wario Land
4. Advance Wars

Do you think this list seems somewhat correct? I do. But please tell me what you might see incorrect with it if you don't agree. Also, please alert me if there's any franchise I seem to have forgotten. Donkey Kong and Kid Icarus were left off of the list on purpose. Kid Icarus because it hasn't gotten any game for quite some time, and Donkey Kong because the core franchise (spinoff games not included) pretty much died off after Donkey Kong 64.

Around the Network

where is donkey kong?

and i wonder where banjo would be

dsister44 said:
where is donkey kong?

and i wonder where banjo would be

Check the notes at the end of my post to see my reasons for excluding Donkey Kong.

axumblade said:
ahh you finally did it! awesome! are the lists in specific orders too? Like Star Fox being more hyped then Pikmin but not as hyped as Kirby?

Yeah, that's my intent. There are 3 rankings, and within each ranking there's a certain order.

axumblade said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
axumblade said:
ahh you finally did it! awesome! are the lists in specific orders too? Like Star Fox being more hyped then Pikmin but not as hyped as Kirby?

Yeah, that's my intent. There are 3 rankings, and within each ranking there's a certain order.

Cool. Also, I'm assuming that the Mario Kart and Mario Sports games are incorporated into the Mario listing. Mario Kart taking a high level of hype, Mario Sports taking a lower level hype therefore cancelling each other out? :p But what about Paper Mario?

Only other games I can think of are the Excite games, Animal Crossing, and Wario...The last of the 3 doesn't generally generate much hype if any at all.

Yeah, I really don't feel like dwelling into all different sub-genres of Mario ... It'd be tough to rank them, really. I just incorporate it all into Mario, though the main focus there is of course mainline Mario games (64, Sunshine, Galaxy, NSMB). Ah, I thought of Wario, yeah, but decided not to put him in unless people ask me to. I'll probably do the same with Excite ... Animal Crossing deserves a spot , though. I'll edit my opening post.

Around the Network

Mother would be the one to drag most attention.

What about Wario?

Cactus said:
What about Wario?

Would that be Wario Ware or Wario Land? I think I could place Wario Land on the list, but not so sure about where I could put Wario Ware.

Cactus said:
What about Wario?

when has wario been hyped?

dsister44 said:
Cactus said:
What about Wario?

when has wario been hyped?

When has Advance Wars or Fire Emblem been hyped?

Also, are we talking internet hype or overall hype?