By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Hype-o-meter (Franchise hype ranking)

Hype Rank 1 Franchises (Higher on the list = Higher amount of hype)

1. Mario
2. Pokemon
3. Mario Kart
4. Super Smash Bros.
5. Zelda

Kirby higher than Metroid
Wario in rank 2
Mario party + mario sports higher than f zero and golden sun

Around the Network

F-Zero seems a little low to me but I guess I am a little biased.  Mario should always be #1.  Mario is way more hyped than Zelda and Smash Bros.

Green Penguin said:

Pikmin     Pikmin          Pikmin         Pikmin        Pikmin      

Pikmin         Pikmin         Pikmin           Pikmin        Pikmin

Pikmin       Pikmin Pikmin       Pikmin          Pikmin

Pikmin        Pikmin         Pikmin          Pikmin        Pikmin

Pikmin         Pikmin        Pikmin        Pikmin         Pikmin

You Don't think Pikmin is very hyped?

The 1st game was only a tiny bit hyped yes because it was new but if I remember correctly Pikmin 2 was hyped a lot more then your list says. Just wait until E3 2009 and you will relize that your list is wrong and Pikmin should be higher up on the list!

this guy is full of win.We need more people like him so raise pikmin on the list to the top 5

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Hey I am Just saying that it is way more hyped then what the list shows by far!

Pikmin is also the most creative and fun game I have ever played.

By the one you say Pikmin isn't hyped right??

Ign Top 25 GameCube Games Of All Time

6) Pikmin 2

Developer: Nintendo EAD
Publisher: Nintendo
Year Released: 2004

Synopsis: Ah, good old Pikmin, would we dare create a list without you little guys? No sir. Pikmin, the latest vision of Nintendo Godfather Miyamoto, combines a bit of real-time strategy elements, a hint of puzzling, and a ton of hilarious little plant-creatures to create what has been a surprising, but enjoyable experience. Since Pikmin is still quite new as a franchise, it has had to earn its place. However, we can't argue with intriguing gameplay, an amazing design, and tiny plant-babies. Pikmin is a blast, and the second version is even stronger than the first. An obvious inspiration for Nintendo's Battalion Wars franchise, Pikmin hit strong on GameCube, and has earned its place among the Top 25 games of the system. Here's hoping for a Wii sequel.

Other games influenced by Pikmin 2: Battalion Wars, Battalion Wars 2, the inevitable Pikmin 3.

How is Battalion Wars influenced by Pikmin when it is a spin off from the Advance Wars series.

Around the Network

Defiantly accurate, but I think it's out of sequential order, like the 3 should be in 2's place and vice versa, since Mother and advance war fans are more likely to over think a single sentence then metroid fans XP

*Gratuitous falme-bait signature that mocks two or more consoles while praising another*

Nice list. If they ever release another Golden Sun id prob die with excitement.

I'm probably not going to move Pikmin, you guys are way overstating it's hype.

wheres conduit?

angrypoolman said:
wheres conduit?

It's not a Nintendo IP. Even if it was, it is, as of now, unproven.