By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Hype-o-meter (Franchise hype ranking)

d21lewis said:
......how about Wii titles (Play, Music, Sports, Fit, Hysterectomy)? They don't excite us, but we all end up buying them!

They're all so different from eachother that I'd have to do one entry for each game and I don't really wanna do that :p

Around the Network

how is mother on the list but not donkey kong? :#

dsister44 said:

... I already told you, read the comments in the opening post and you'll see why Donkey Kong isn't present.

I disagree with your reasoning for not including DK. I mean I consider DKJB a main donkey kong game and that was only one generation ago, BTW it kicked ass with the Bongos. I think DK should be in hype level one, because alot of people would go crazy if DKC4 was anounced for DS, or a new platformer was anounced for wii.
It just doesn't make sense that you included an actual dead franchise (mother) over DK. Its your list though, so it doesnt matter.

Also its already been said but you have to include Wave Race!!

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

I'm past the point of trying to find flaws in your list, and I will say that it's pretty spot-on. There are tons of Nintendo franchises, but some of them have been dead for so long (Wave Race, Kid Icarus). Either way, great list!

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
dsister44 said:

... I already told you, read the comments in the opening post and you'll see why Donkey Kong isn't present.

i know, i read it. but at least they are still making games with donkey kong(ands i get pumped whenever another gets announced.

where as i have never even heard of mother. and even you said there aren't any more of them

Well, the thing is, if I had to put Donkey Kong in, he'd be much lower than he deserves to be. Donkey Kong Country, and 64, were very well-liked games and if the franchise had kept up like that he'd no doubt be in the 1st Hype Ranking. Sadly, with the only notable games from him being games like Jungle Beat and Jungle Climber (which aren't bad games, mind you), the hype level is ridiculously low and he'd be somewhere on par with Pikmin.

I'd be happy to add Wave Race, but I must admit I've never been very involved with the series so I'm at a loss as to where it should be placed.

Great list, I pretty much agree with it all. Zelda is easily (and in my opinion, deservedly) the most hyped Nintendo franchise, though the hype for Brawl was really quite something.

@axumblade

Are you kidding? DKs way bigger than kirby. If a 3D DK platformer was anounced the nintendo community would explode, and there was nothing wrong with DKJB probably one pf the best GCN games. DK is one of nintendos biggest franchises.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Well, the thing is, if I had to put Donkey Kong in, he'd be much lower than he deserves to be. Donkey Kong Country, and 64, were very well-liked games and if the franchise had kept up like that he'd no doubt be in the 1st Hype Ranking. Sadly, with the only notable games from him being games like Jungle Beat and Jungle Climber (which aren't bad games, mind you), the hype level is ridiculously low and he'd be somewhere on par with Pikmin.

I'd be happy to add Wave Race, but I must admit I've never been very involved with the series so I'm at a loss as to where it should be placed.

that makes sense. nice list btw