By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did most gamers not like Grand Theft Auto 4?

I was disappointed with how little you could do compared to San Andreas.

No cheat codes = no fun. The game was too straight forward.

Around the Network
Username2324 said:

There were cheat codes, or are you trying to say the cheat codes in the game sucked?

Sephiroth357 said:
Username2324 said:

There were cheat codes, or are you trying to say the cheat codes in the game sucked?

The cheat codes royally sucked in comparison to previous games.

Username2324 said:
Sephiroth357 said:
Username2324 said:

The cheat codes royally sucked in comparison to previous games.

I have to agree with you on this big time.

So it seems fair to say that the game has divided opinion.

I'd go back and play San Andreas but I'm worried I won't appreciate it because I'll be used to GTA IV's physics and shooting system - which I gather were much better than previous instalments.

The next GTA I play will probably by Chinatown wars - or has that been overrated too*?

*(Not implying that I thought GTA IV was overrated - just to re-iterate, I loved the game, but I'm starting to wonder whether a lot of that enjoyment was because I'd never played a sandbox before).

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
JUG said:

I'd go back and play San Andreas but I'm worried I won't appreciate it because I'll be used to GTA IV's physics and shooting system - which I gather were much better than previous instalments.

The next GTA I play will probably by Chinatown wars - or has that been overrated too*?

*(Not implying that I thought GTA IV was overrated - just to re-iterate, I loved the game, but I'm starting to wonder whether a lot of that enjoyment was because I'd never played a sandbox before).

I've only heard good things about Chinatown Wars, both from critics and from "regular" players. So you probably can't go wrong with that one :)

Grand Theft Auto didn't suck, it just had a few---

*phone rings*

What's that, cousin? Bowling? Now!? I'm in the middle of typing a fucking post..... What? You don't give a shit? Fine. I'm on my way.

*hangs up phone*

---Sorry. Whenever I try to do anything, my goddam cousin calls and I have to answer or it counts against me. Gotta go.

Most gamers huh? You mean just the one on the internet? I look a lot what my friends are playing on XBL and yes GTAIV is one of the most played games. (Halo 3, GEOW 2 and COD WaW are popular though).

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
JUG said:

I've only heard good things about Chinatown Wars, both from critics and from "regular" players. So you probably can't go wrong with that one :)

The same goes for GTA 4.

JUG said:

I've been reading the recent revelations on vgchartz top 100 countdown with interest, and I noticed that lots of people seem to have said something along the lines of "at least game x wasn't beaten by GTA 4!".

It's fair to say that GTA 4 got stellar critical reviews when it came out, and I thought it was a fantastic game. But it was the first GTA I've ever played, so I was wondering if I was missing something here. Did most gamers actually think GTA 4 was massively overrated?

i liked it it was better than all gtas graphix and realsim wise i liked the new approach to the driving physics and is the only sandbox game with a very good cover system or a cover system in general

i didnt like the missing features form SA and even VC the tanks planes jets parachutes safe houses with garages that can hold more than 2 cars and more but im 100% sure that the next gta will have all these and if u compare gta4 with gta3 than gta4 wast missing out on alot and thats wat gta4 should be compared 2

if u didnt play the past gtas vice city and SA then u missed out on alot of things gta4 didnt have it might be hard for u to go back now after playing 4 but if u could gtaSA was a near perfect game i would give it a 9.8 for its time

i would give gat4 a 8.8 for its time and RE4 a 9 and RE5 a 8.1

Play Me