By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wouldn't Wii Fit 2 just cannabolize Wii Fit Sales?

Wouldn't Wii Fit 2 just cannabolize Wii Fit Sales?

i read a few predictions today that involved Wii Fit 2 this fall, but with Wii Fit still selling well would that be wise of nintendo?

actually now that i think about it..people buy it for the wii balance board ,not wii fit so maybe not..

it would only cannobolize sales if it was packaged with the wii balance board...which wouldn't happen

i don't know..

discuss

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

Around the Network

there will be no wii fit 2, that's my prediction.

^I agree.I think Nintendo wants Wii fit to keep on selling.

my gues would be that wii fit + is an expansion that includes exercise minigames that can use motion + with or without the balance board

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

Wii Fit will keep selling for another 2 years.

Wii Fit+ will be an expansion disc needed for the balance board... which comes with Wii Fit.

Around the Network

I'm also betting there will never be a Wii Fit 2, at least in the foreseeable future.

16-bit gamer said:

Wouldn't Wii Fit 2 just cannabolize Wii Fit Sales?

i read a few predictions today that involved Wii Fit 2 this fall, but with Wii Fit still selling well would that be wise of nintendo?

actually now that i think about it..people buy it for the wii balance board ,not wii fit so maybe not..

it would only cannobolize sales if it was packaged with the wii balance board...which wouldn't happen

i don't know..

discuss

Haha, no. Wii Fit sells the balance board, not the other way around. They aren't buying it to play drum mode in Wii Music, which is the best-selling game with balance board support. Nothing else comes close to reaching 10% of balance board owners.

Wii Fit 2 (or Plus, or whatever) will either be presented as an update to Wii Fit, or as a selection of supplementary activities. In the first case, it will replace the original Wii Fit and be bundled with the balance board. In the second case, you'll have to buy Wii Fit before there's any point in buying Wii Fit 2. In either case, the point will be to sell more balance boards and more Wiis. Wii Fit sales only falter in the former scenario because the original Wii Fit is discontinued. But Nintendo still sells software, probably more than before, and more importantly, sells more hardware than before.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

wii fit 2=bad
wii fit += good

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

There's never going to be a Wii Fit 2. It goes against the Nintendo business model this generation.

The Wii Fit market doesn't care for sequels. They're not used to the entire 'buy the same game again next year, with like, 3 new features' business model, and they don't spend enough on games to justify spending another 80 bucks on Wii Fit. Not to mention the fact that Wii Fit, despite being a year and a half old, is still outselling every other game except Wii Sports, which is a pack in that you have to buy to play Wii Fit anyway.

They might release something along the lines of Wii Fit: Get Connected!, which would be a series of free minigames released via Wii Store, but they'll only do that if the sales start to lag and they want to advertise something new.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

So? If Wii Fit 2 entirely cannabolizes Wii Fit 1 sales AND sells to 3-4 million of the current Wii Fit owners which it will probably do easily then Nintendo will make a killing.

Think about it like almost all Game franchises (Madden, Guitar Hero, Halo) The new version comes out and the old versions sales die off, but a lot of the owners of the previous version buy the new one as well, giving you the ability to keep selling to the same people again and again for massive profit.