By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wouldn't Wii Fit 2 just cannabolize Wii Fit Sales?

If there is wii-fit2/wiimotion+ it won't replace wii-fit plus board it will be add-on

Around the Network

Wii Fit 2 doesn't even make sense to me. Wii Fit is a great workout game, what could Wii Fit 2 possibly do that makes it worth the purchase that the first doesn't already let you do?

Fitness is fitness.... and I don't see why someone would need two fitness games.

Maybe I'm just looking at it the wrong way.

There won't be a Wii Fit 2 until Nintendo's next game system. There's no way anyone into Wii Fit will justify spending another $80 on on a new game with a new peripheral, and there is no point to tossing out a new disc that uses the same Balance Board.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

WiiFit+ - if it exists - will be a software-only add-on. From a business POV, it makes perfect sense.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

They won't do a Wii Fit add-on. I have no idea who started this rumor but it very far fetched to say the least. I think maybe some dude started it as a prank inspired by the news of Motion +.

Around the Network

Not if it came without a board.

It won't. People still buy other exercise Wii games

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

It will never cannabolize Wii Fit, no doubt about that.

It could cannibalize it though.

Sorry but I had to.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Maybe they will introduce it with a add-on to the balance board to make more realistic or the like.

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Yes it would which is why it doesn't exist.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down