By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what game should i get killzone 2 or halo 3?

Rpruett said:
FKNetwork said:

P.S, I wouldn't try and argue against S.T.A.G.E, he knows a LOT about FPS and Halo, you'll make yourself look VERY stupid trying to go head to head against him like many have already done in this thread lol

Ah yes that killer video comparison a page back was just brutal.       Halo is so unique and innovative (Assuming you haven't played about 100 other Sci-Fi Twitch shooters?).   Give me a break. 

I would rate it something like this  : 

Halo 1  > Kill Zone 2 > Halo 2 > Halo 3 > Kill Zone 1

Halo hasn't done anything different or remarkable in any way since the original Halo, just more of the same old. Kill Zone 2 is a great game in more of a Call of Duty styled mold,  certainly a better game than Halo 3 but definitely not as good as the original Halo.

Show me a shooter like Halo 3. I already showed Black (Which looks strikingly like KZ2) to Uber. Man games can have a kin-like stype to KZ2. Most people say Unreal Tournament looks like Halo, but it doesn't. That game is closer to the new game Huxley. Face it, Halo is a diamond.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Rpruett said:
FKNetwork said:

P.S, I wouldn't try and argue against S.T.A.G.E, he knows a LOT about FPS and Halo, you'll make yourself look VERY stupid trying to go head to head against him like many have already done in this thread lol

Ah yes that killer video comparison a page back was just brutal.       Halo is so unique and innovative (Assuming you haven't played about 100 other Sci-Fi Twitch shooters?).   Give me a break. 

Halo hasn't done anything different or remarkable in any way since the original Halo, just more of the same old. Kill Zone 2 is a great game in more of a Call of Duty styled mold,  certainly a better game than Halo 3 but definitely not as good as the original Halo.

Show me a shooter like Halo 3. I already showed Black (Which looks strikingly like KZ2) to Uber. Man games can have a kin-like stype to KZ2. Most people say Unreal Tournament looks like Halo, but it doesn't. That game is closer to the new game Huxley. Face it, Halo is a diamond.

I know two shooters that look like Halo 3, I don't really think you can lean on presentation as the crux of the game's individuality when it's the third part of a series of games that haven't drastically changed the visuals since inception.  For Halo 3 to be truly innovative it can't just fall back on the innovation of the series as a whole.

Torillian said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Rpruett said:
FKNetwork said:

I know two shooters that look like Halo 3, I don't really think you can lean on presentation as the crux of the game's individuality when it's the third part of a series of games that haven't drastically changed the visuals since inception.  For Halo 3 to be truly innovative it can't just fall back on the innovation of the series as a whole.

Presentation + gameplay are the things to focus on. Please show me some games like Halo.

you said two shooters that looked like Halo 3, therefore I will tell you Halo 1 and Halo 2.

Torillian said:
you said two shooters that looked like Halo 3, therefore I will tell you Halo 1 and Halo 2.

Can't use the same franchise. I used games out of KZ2's franchise to give examples, now you do the same.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Torillian said:

Can't use the same franchise. I used games out of KZ2's franchise to give examples, now you do the same.

How in the hell does that make sense?  Halo 3 is innovative because it has the same unique style as the two games before it.  If you want to talk about Halo as a franchise then yes it is innovative, but this whole topic was about the comparison of KZ2 and Halo 3, not two franchises but two individual games.  How can you fall back on Halo's visuals as a source of innovation if they've been largely the same for all three games, obviously as some point they must stop being innovative if you do the same thing over and over again.

Torillian said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Torillian said:

How in the hell does that make sense?  Halo 3 is innovative because it has the same unique style as the two games before it.  If you want to talk about Halo as a franchise then yes it is innovative, but this whole topic was about the comparison of KZ2 and Halo 3, not two franchises but two individual games.  How can you fall back on Halo's visuals as a source of innovation if they've been largely the same for all three games, obviously as some point they must stop being innovative if you do the same thing over and over again.

Do you expect Halo FPS to be vastly different from its predecessors? You're crazy. Improvements upon a great engine is all that is needed with extras. Have you ever heard the saying "don't fix it, if it ain't broken"? KZ2 is closer to most FPS games than Halo is, because Halo set standards. KZ2 has only set a graphics bar, which the PS3 will definatley most PS3 games will break.

what standards did Halo 3 set? You keep falling back on the series as a whole because it is unchallenged that Halo as a franchise and particularly the first Halo set standards. Now how did Halo 3 do that. Because if we're bringing Black in here as being so similar to KZ2 that it couldn't possibly be innovative why can't I bring up Halo 2?

Torillian said:
what standards did Halo 3 set? You keep falling back on the series as a whole because it is unchallenged that Halo as a franchise and particularly the first Halo set standards. Now how did Halo 3 do that. Because if we're bringing Black in here as being so similar to KZ2 that it couldn't possibly be innovative why can't I bring up Halo 2?

Black was in no way innovated and neither is KZ2. Halo 2 is of the same franchise, which makes no sense, because franchises only build off of one another. It's like cloning a child, but everytime the child is grown he's messed with and given better traits through messing with his/hers genes.

and you think a slightly better clone should be thought of as being as innovative as the original child that the clones were based off of?  Innovation doesn't work that way, you can't do the same thing three times and still think of it as an innovation.

edit: if you really want to show how Halo 3 innovated as a stand alone title then you have to focus on how it innovated from previous members of the series.