By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII will be best FF game ever, says Square.

13 is an unlucky number...for those who are keeping count.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Just release FFXIII already and I will be very happy.
I don't care what the haters says this will be great game for me and that's all that matters.

What do you expect them to say? "This game is going to suck ass, but buy it anyway because we need the money"

The best Final Fantasy is XII(I know I'm not going to be popular for saying that... :P). From what I've heard, FFXIII is shaping up to become a really good game, definately a first-day purchase for me next year.

But can anyone tell me what the big deal is with FFVSXIII? Is that game just popular because it has remained a PS3 exclusive or does it really have potential to become a better game than FFXIII?
If that's true... I'll have another first-day purchase :P

MazeMe said:
The best Final Fantasy is XII(I know I'm not going to be popular for saying that... :P). From what I've heard, FFXIII is shaping up to become a really good game, definately a first-day purchase for me next year.

But can anyone tell me what the big deal is with FFVSXIII? Is that game just popular because it has remained a PS3 exclusive or does it really have potential to become a better game than FFXIII?

For the fanboys maybe. But for me FFVSXIII will be a great game, A JRPG that is set on a modern setting which I like BTW. The main character is a freaking bad ass. He wields many swords WTF! It also has mature tone which is rare for SE. More importantly, Versus is being develop by the KH team.

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
MazeMe said:

For the fanboys maybe. But for me FFVSXIII will be a great game, A JRPG that is set on a modern setting which I like BTW. The main character is a freaking bad ass. He wields many swords WTF! It also has mature tone which is rare for SE. More importantly, Versus is being develop by the KH team.

That sounds cool. And developed by the KH-team? What does that mean for the battle system? Will it be real time? Semi-real time?

There is without a doubt in my mind that Final Fantasy 13 will not only NOT be the best Final Fantasy ever. But it'll fail to ignite people's passions beyond a few weeks, maybe a month after it's release dates. Final Fantasy 13 will be nothing more than a CGI and Cutscene fest with playable intermissions between cutscenes.

It will never be able to move those who firmly believe that other final fantasies are better. In my mind, Final Fantasy 6 is the best. This has not changed in nearly 7 sequels. It is very unlikely this one will do the same.

For Square-enix yes, this final fantasy has the potential to be the "best". Being multiplatform and having a strong global market that's hungering for a final fantasy will ensure it will make great sales. But in the hearts of those fans who were with final fantasy when your party in Final Fantasy consisted of Red Mage, White Mage, Monk and Thief? Well, I already said it.

There's no doubt in my mind it will not be the best. In the minds of the fans.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

The demo does feel very good... could be one of the best. Tho, they have said that it is not a traditional FF game and that FF13 Verses wiil be as it will feel and play more like what people loved, (FF7/ FF10).

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

MazeMe said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
MazeMe said:

That sounds cool. And developed by the KH-team? What does that mean for the battle system? Will it be real time? Semi-real time?

Kingdom Heart team.

I read it somewhere that the battle system versus is an advance battle system from the game Kingdom Hearts. So real time.

Interview from Nomura that I thought you might find interesting:

Nomura side (FF Versus XIII-centric) -
Nomura: There's definitely a lot of work need to done on making PS3-quality graphics. We can render very small details now so (when character designing) I have to draw a lot more than usual, like the clothes' fabric material to the very way of how it's sewn.

Nomura: The staff just showed me how it looks to fly with an airship while in the World Map (for Versus). It's been awhile since I last saw something "FF-ish". The map looks very realistic but we're trying to see how we can 'shrink' it a bit. It's so huge that I couldn't even tell the very first town.

Nomura: The first drafts of the scenario was shown to our staff members; some said it's "too long", the others said it's "too short". After some brainstorming, I think we should have a thick enough volume for this game. But thinking this much of volume is going to be shown through the PS3's graphics, it got me shivering.

Here's the link if you want to read the whole interview.

http://www.ff-xiii.net/index.php?page=article&article=195