By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is Britian Turning Into A Totalitarian State ?

O-D-C said:
its 1984 all over again.

The sad thing is it's true, next thing you know this world will start to resemble the one in the novel "Brave New World".

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
O-D-C said:
its 1984 all over again.

The sad thing is it's true, next thing you know this world will start to resemble the one in the novel "Brave New World".

I dunno, aside from the evil faces in the sky it doesn't seem that bad...

well, the two mainy partys are both right wing now, with no chance of a 3rd party winning, so were on the way towards it, if your dumb enough to think things would be better under the tories, please leave the thread, as you know nothing about uk politics, im probably voting for the Green party by the way, theyre about the closest thing to a Liberal party in the uk atm, the Lib Dems used to be good, but now theyre just pandering to the centre by abandoning there old liberal policies, id sooner emigrate than vote for the tories, Labour can redeem themselves somewhat if they go back to the left after the election.

im about 5bn miles to the left of Labour or the Tories, i find both partys policies abhorent.

Tyrannical said:

This modern tyranny you speak of has a name, it is called Liberalism. It's not just the UK, but all Western governments are in danger of it.

Extreme conservatives are no better than extreme liberals. They just want to impose different things.

Signature goes here!

xbebop said:
I'm glad I live in America, where we still have our guns to shoot people who try to force us into doing stupid shit. ;)

Epic post.

Around the Network

I'm proud to be an american were at least i know im free.
It's a shame we just couldn't have old ronnie in office again. Being dead it would be a little hard. (Ronald Reagan)

TruckOSaurus said:
Tyrannical said:

This modern tyranny you speak of has a name, it is called Liberalism. It's not just the UK, but all Western governments are in danger of it.

Extreme conservatives are no better than extreme liberals. They just want to impose different things.

Except for one minor point. It was conservatives that built the country, and it is the Liberals that have been busy trying to tear it apart since the 60's.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Haha, it so is. I don't think realistically many Britain's will deny this. We are the 1984 state.

Now we just need the liberal democrats to get into power and hopefully they will pull their party together and reverse it.

Tyrannical said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Tyrannical said:

Except for one minor point. It was conservatives that built the country, and it is the Liberals that have been busy trying to tear it apart since the 60's.

Actually, both parties having been trying to tear the U.S apart since the 60's. There hasn't been a President who wasn't controlled by big business, wallstreet and the bankers since the late great J.F.K

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Tyrannical said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Tyrannical said:

How's the weather up there on your pedestal my leige? would you like us lowly liberals to get you some tea your highness?

/sarcasm

Seriously Tyranlical most of the non-liberals (like Maffoo, Halogamer (I know he's neo-con), etc...) on this site gain my respect because they don't make these kinds of elitest comments blindly.

Also, most people don't readily fear liberalism and fear that it is the single cause of all the worlds ills like this.

--edit--

I'm sorry Tyranical, maybe I'm being a bit harsh with that statement. I do appologise, it was a bit heated.