By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes announced for DS

starcraft said:
Wow thanks guys. I'm so torn for one main reason. If I play Emerald there will be a TONNE of Pokemon I dont know. Whereas if I wait and play the Gold or Silver remake there will be just a few I dont know and wont that make it easier to play Emerald?

Actually... I can think of almost no Gold/Silver Pokemon who were in Ruby/Saphire/Emerald that weren't already in the original Red/Blue.

You should be fine!

Also, I hope you enjoy the remake of Gold/Silver when it comes out, and if you want to see what the game was originally like, you can buy one of the originals as well (or instead).

For some reason, I enjoy the field, city, and battle music from Red/Blue & Gold/Silver so much more than in the more recent games. Even the Fire Red and Leaf Green remakes didn't have that same magical zing to the music. It's such a pity!

It's little things like that that might hinder the new remake of Gold/Silver to be as good as the originals.

Around the Network

Awesome, can't wait.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Wow, finally!

I'm more excited about this than Spirit Tracks... and it's nice to be right about something for once. OK everyone saw it coming but best news in ages.

I have some questions:

Do you think it's the Nintendo's secret title which need space (and so it would come in West in 2009) ?

Do you think it's going to be a Crystal remake ? If yes, why don't you wait for this "ultimate version" ?

Do you think Gold/Silver is better than Platinium (I've only played Red/yellow and i'm about to pick a Pokemon game on Ds) ?

I HIGHLY doubt it'll come to the west in 2009, unless they release it in japan in june and rush it out by christmas.

it probably wont be a crystal remake, seeing as how firered and leafgreen remakes didnt include yellow.

i havnt played platinum yet, but there are tons of people who swear by gold/silver as the best pokemon games in the franchise.

Around the Network
Cdoudoued said:
I have some questions:

Do you think Gold/Silver is better than Platinium (I've only played Red/yellow and i'm about to pick a Pokemon game on Ds) ?

I really don't think the original G/S is better then D/P/Pt. As for the remake - it's hard to say seeing as we only have the logo. I'd recommend buying Platinum simply because it's a great title. I think nostalgia is the main reason people are extremely excited for HG/SS. If you didn't play the original you could be left wondering what all the fuss is about.

insomniac17 said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:
insomniac17 said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
insomniac17 said:
That's it; I'm getting a DS. Can I still find older ones with the GBA slot that are new?

ebay. buy emerald and firered/leafgreen :)

I don't have a credit card... Maybe I'll just ask for a DS for my birthday since I still have my GBA. And I've been meaning to get Fire Red and Leaf Green for a while now. Not so sure about Emerald; I was suckered into buying Yellow and Crystal, but is it better than R/S?

R/S is needed as well with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, as when just having the GBA inserted, certain Pokemon will appear.

Diamond/Pearl: http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/gbapokemon.shtml

Platinum: http://www.serebii.net/platinum/gbainsertion.shtml

Whoa, that's cool. I'd never heard of that feature before. Does it work with Emerald? That's the only one I don't have out of the R/S/E series.

Yes, Emerald is shown on those two links. The Teddiursa family, Pineco family are found on D/P/Pt (Gligar is commonly found on Platinum without Emerald being inserted, as GameFreak included it in the game without the need of Emerald). The GBA Insertion feature is used with all 5 GBA Pokemon RPGs, but it can only be used after the National PokeDex is obtained.

Awesome!

Can finally get Gold

No, we will probably have to wait about six months after they release it on Japan :/

October 2010 the earliest.

Pixel Art can be fun.