By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The third time´s the charm?Microsoft to win next generation?

thekitchensink said:
Jo21 said:
FreeTalkLive said:
Nintendo has lost generations (not come in 1st place) but it has never come in last place.

Anyway, I don't think MS can win next generation and certainly not profit wise. I'm not even sure if Nintendo will sell the most consoles next generation, but it will likely make more profit than MS.

gamecube was last.

Dreamcast doesn't exist?

Of course it does but it came in first! Yes in first...first...I'm going to play my Dreamcast 2 now!! ........I'm having a mental breakdown.....

Former something....

Around the Network
Zizzla_Rachet said:
RAZurrection said:
Wouldn't say win, but I can't see Xbox 3 being less successful than Xbox 360 will be.

Don't see why you think so..Since the Xbox 360 is a solid number 2 WW....If MS can do itright they will have yet even more success with their Nextbox

Yes, that is what I said.

I highly doubt anyone can beat a wii 2 but we'll see.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Untill PS3 gets 299$ price, all predictions of winning for any console are pointless, though Wii has a big chance, since of it`s 30 mln. advatage.

PS3 for 50$ more than Wii, who wouldn`t buy?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

@Crazyman
Obviously people who want to buy the wii for $50 than the PS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
FreeTalkLive said:
Nintendo has lost generations (not come in 1st place) but it has never come in last place.

Anyway, I don't think MS can win next generation and certainly not profit wise. I'm not even sure if Nintendo will sell the most consoles next generation, but it will likely make more profit than MS.

gamecube was last.

dreamcast don't forget dreamcast

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

BS Nintendo is not Casual they are also Hardcore so Nintendo is both

at the very least MS will beat Sony again next gen.

I dont think Microsoft can win just with American and Others sales unless it sells atleast like wii maybe better.

thekitchensink said:
Jo21 said:
FreeTalkLive said:

gamecube was last.

Dreamcast doesn't exist?

well, considering the fact that the dreamcast was being liquidated when gamecube and xbox were released, It's hard to include it in that generation.  It really was only on the market with the ps2 for a year, and it really didn't even share the market with gamecube or xbox.  I think it makes more sense to include dreamcast in the previous generation.  it was out a year before the ps2, so it competed with the ps1 and n64 more than it did ps2, xbox, and gamecube.