By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The third time´s the charm?Microsoft to win next generation?

Nintendo has lost generations (not come in 1st place) but it has never come in last place.

Anyway, I don't think MS can win next generation and certainly not profit wise. I'm not even sure if Nintendo will sell the most consoles next generation, but it will likely make more profit than MS.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

doubt it, Nintendo has to key to success now

Motion Controls + Brand recongnition + Casual = infinty bakillion dollars

Maybe, the thing is, Sony will learn from their mistakes and Nintendo will either get even more competitive or slack off like Sony.

Microsoft will be the main console in the 8th Generation.

Nintendo will remain and secure a permanent 1st place in Japan.
Sony will be forced to come up with something new.

FreeTalkLive said:
Nintendo has lost generations (not come in 1st place) but it has never come in last place.

Anyway, I don't think MS can win next generation and certainly not profit wise. I'm not even sure if Nintendo will sell the most consoles next generation, but it will likely make more profit than MS.

gamecube was last.

Around the Network

Wouldn't say win, but I can't see Xbox 3 being less successful than Xbox 360 will be.

Signalstar said:
Nope Actually the third time has always been an all time low for game consoles.

N64
Sega Saturn
Playstation 3

Time and again. Take your pick.

If you counting on Sega the have had like 50million consoles with all their add ons and what not..LOL

Jo21 said:
FreeTalkLive said:

gamecube was last.

Dreamcast doesn't exist?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
RAZurrection said:
Wouldn't say win, but I can't see Xbox 3 being less successful than Xbox 360 will be.

Don't see why you think so..Since the Xbox 360 is a solid number 2 WW....If MS can do itright they will have yet even more success with their Nextbox....And As rumors fly of PS4in 2012..If this were to happen then MS can Really have the advantage..Plus don't underestimate Xbox Gamers in America

microsoft most likely cannot win next gen as they need to build more support out side the u.s. though they may 2-3 gens down the track.

This may not be a good thing for gaming as some seem to forget that of the three two of these companys don't need gaming if microsoft and sony were to push nintendo into last place for a long time.

This could damage them if this was to happen there would be less reason to push gaming forward.