By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii sales top 50m

and the good news keeps on coming..
congrats to the company that started it all.

hello how are you.

Around the Network

VGC says about 48.7 million at the end of March.

It could be a little bit undertracked, but not much anyway. Who knows how many units were in transit (or if those even count as shipped) and in shelves, distributors etc.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Just a FAD!!!

I wonder if they counted Sports? I guess they probably did, since it's sold several million in Japan on its own.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I thought they topped 50 million a while ago and assumed they would be around 51 million by now.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
Mummelmann said:
bardicverse; that is correct, no Walmart. But inversely, we must also remember that some consoles (all consoles of course) also go into a second set of hands via Ebay, Gamestop and other secondhand outlets.
The numbers on the front page lately would suggest that the Wii has covered the demand (at last) so I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a few hundred thousand consoles on shelves.

Very true, good point. I guess there's no exact science to getting perfectly accurate sales then. Would Nintendo make a separate announcement when they have sold through their supplies, or no? I recall reading past reports on sell through, though I'm old and can be mistaken.

I assume they get sellthrough reports on a regular basis so as to better regulate supplies, divert shipments and so on. I imagine they employ the use of professional tracking services? Not sure, there are lots of folks in here who know a helluva lot more than me on the subject!

I know I can get my hands on official Nintendo and Sony numbers here through a tracking service of sorts but they only run and publish (public anyway) gross income/sales numbers (for each company and publisher, they also tally and publish the bestseller lists that are printed every week or so in major newspapers) which makes it kinda hard to determine how many units have been sold in total due to many factors (varying retail price in different shops etc.).

Erm, *yells for TheSource*!