By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pick Starcraft's three Wii games.

Ok guys.

As you all know, I am the first to recognise the gaming supremacy of the Xbox 360, as should you all.  However, that does not for a moment mean that the PS3 and Wii don't have much to offer gaming wise this year, next year, and in years passed.  But as much as I have a solid, widespread knowledge of games coming for all platforms, I know less of the Wii and PS3's line-ups than I do the Xbox 360's.

Everyone knows what they can and cannot spend on games, and here is essentially my budget.  It is my hope that I will be able to afford to purchase THREE Wii titles between now and the end of the year.

So what I would like from Nintendo fans now, is too help me pick those three titles.  I own Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Twilight Princess, SSBB, Mario Kart Wii and Wii Play.  You may work on the assumption that I am already aware of most of the games for the Wii that have come and gone, but can include them if you wish.

Given my situation (including my budget, location and games currently possessed), I want to know what three games you would buy based on the assumption that they must be out in PAL by the end of the year?

My general preference is for shooters with strong single player (or local co-op) experiences, RPG's (particularly Western, but I like some JRPG's) and old school Nintendo franchises.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
  1. Zack and Wiki
  2. Ghostbusters: the Video Game
  3. Klonoa

You know what's the best thing of the Wii?
Looking at your signature, I can see that Metacritic is very important to you.
Well, I'm gonna suggest you 3 AAA titles (To me, they're in the top 10 of the generation, and I own/ed all the consoles, so I tried a lot of good stuff I think) which have a very low average, yet they're incredibly awesome:

1)Fire Emblem
2)No More Heroes
3)Mad World

Anyway, there is a lot of stuff coming, if I may suggest you, you shouldn't buy just 3 Wii games!

twesterm said:
  1. Zack and Wiki
  3. Klonoa

Isn't Ghostbusters massively delayed for everything but PS3/PSP in Australia?

AE86 said:
twesterm said:
  1. Zack and Wiki
  3. Klonoa

Isn't Ghostbusters massively delayed for everything but PS3/PSP in Australia?

He said until the end of year.  I've read everything will be released in Autumn so I'm assuming it would be out by the end of the year.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
  1. Zack and Wiki
  3. Klonoa

What is Klonoa?  I actually have glanced around for Z&W but cant find it.

Ghostbusters I may get for PS3.  It's badly delayed here.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Zelda: TP
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros: Brawl

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Just make sure you keep enough in the bank to buy Birthday Simulator when it comes out. I'm sure it will be epic

Captendo's suggestions were pretty solid, as are Twesterms. Just replace Ghostbusters with Birthday Simulator, can't go wrong.

Rune Factory Frontier
Little King's Story
Okami

get little kings story, sin and punishment 2, muramasa demon blade