By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Quantity does not equal quality

So the Wii and XBox 360 are in well front of PS3 in terms of console sales due to their lower sales price. Ok. But how do the Wii and XBox 360 measure up to the PS3 in terms of quality of games, console and online? I want you to argue for or against the notion: "Quantity does not equal quality".

*Edited.

Around the Network

360 is better because it has a better gamepad! :D

Quantity, without a doubt, doesn't equal quality.

If anything, this is reflective of metacritic scores and the actual quality of the game.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Kali said:

360 D-Pad is top notch.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Quantity has a tangible effect on Quality, and yet Quality is made up of a vast number attributes.

To someone who likes motion control whether it's well applied or not, the Wii is the highest quality console.

To someone who like media playback the most, the PS3 is the highest quality console.

To someone who likes high-quality games libraries the most, the Xbox 360 is easily the highest quality console.

It is all a question of attribute preference.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

U mean..... quality of the sales (which makes no sence).....? if not than is this another one of those PS3 > 360 and/or Wii threads? then okey dokey

Obviously quantity does not trump quality, Now hardware wise the three are about the same in quality. Software wise, i think 360 is first but it did have an extra year, PS3 is second and Wii has some good games but as my fav system it has been disappointing at the lack of high quality games, though there are many great games on it just not enough. So in the end i think quality is more important but when all three have great quality games, then the one with the highest quantity of quality games wins.

I don't own a 360 so i am not biased for it.

the ps3 Has the best quality in every way this gen by a mile.

It is only a matter fo time before the ps3 sales explode and show people what the name playstation truly means

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Euphoria14 said:
Kali said:

360 D-Pad is top notch.

Well, I am fine with it since it is not really needed in most games. :)

I sense a multi-page thread coming...

Signature goes here!